Free shipping - starts at value [Total products (tax excl.)]

Jacek Es

PrestaShop 1.6.0.8

My preference is to enable FREE SHIPPING that is based on value Total products (tax excl.)

It looks that currently free shipping is based on the TOTAL value of the order (with tax).

As a result the the FREE SHIPPING starts at different value Total products (tax excl.) depending if the customer pays Tax or not. I setup my shop to offer FREE SHIPPING at £60. Depending of customer delivery address they may or may not pay Tax. Tax is also added to the cost of shipping.

As a result for customers who don't pay tax the free shipping starts at the correct value: Total products (tax excl.) = £60. This is because there is no tax to be added and Total products (tax excl.) is the same as TOTAL value of the order (with tax).  For customers that pay Tax, free shipping starts at Total products (tax excl.) £50. This is because the TOTAL value of the order (with tax) Total products (tax excl.) £50 + Total tax £10 = £60. In both cases FREE SHIPPING starts when TOTAL value of the order (with tax) = £60.

This means that for customers that don't pay tax free shipping starts when the Total products (tax excl.) is £60 while for the customers that pay tax free shipping starts at Total products (tax excl.) £50. 

I would like to change this so the FREE SHIPPING is based on the value of Total products (tax excl.) and therefore starts at the same value for all customers.

I am not sure what code needs to be altered to achieve this. Has anyone done this?

Jacek