Errors in Prestashop 1.6? Totally at a loss.

I'm setting up a new site running on 1.6 and I've come across a couple issues that I can't figure out. 

1. When I turn on "Friendly URL" everything seems to work EXCEPT 2 links. the Sign Up link on the main page and in the site map. my-account / authentication links in those areas don't work. It just seems to send me back to the home page. All the other links on the site work when Friendly URL is turned on.

2. Configuration Information under advanced parameters throws an error 500. I think I've been able to load the page 4 times. Every other time it seems like it just times out and never loads at all.

3. I can't seem to upload an image larger than 1500px in length or width. Doesn't seem to matter based on file size. As long as its 1500px or below it uploads. If I try to upload anything larger I get a red undefined notification popup. If I refresh the page I see the image upload as a grey question mark. If I click delete I get a green undefined notification popup and the I refresh and the image is deleted.

Other than that I haven't seemed to run into any other issues. Everything seems to run smoothly. :-)

I've attached a screenshot php info config in hopes that someone has any idea how to fix these 3 issues... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

post-850335-0-05269700-1412727716_thumb.jpg

Edited by westproaudio (see edit history)

Try turning off automatically redirect to canonical url in the seo and urls tab and also turn on disable apache multi-views. As for the image upload I am thinking it could be one of 3 things. Either your server times out with that large of an image, prestashop does not support an image of that size, or there is something wrong with the original formatting tha is removed when you reduce the image size. As for the configuration page, I am thinking that your server is timing out. 

I set the redirect to cononical url to "no redirection". Tried disable apache's multiviews on and off and It still just goes back to the home page. I feel like since its JUST those links it has to be specific to something about them? Everything else seems fine.

I could understand time out due to image file size but not image resolution? 

What would help fix any time out issues? Anything in the php settings? I looked at sites that recommended settings prestashop and php and my settings seemed to be on par if not higher when they were default from my hosting. 

don't bump...so I don't have to say don't bump

why not post your front office url for prestanerds to look at.

also, 500 error means nothing, turn on error reporting so you have actual error. always do this or search for 500 to find out.

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/224525-how-to-turn-on-error-reporting-for-debug-information/

tip: post one topic per question, many won't answer one if they don't know them all.

I've enabled error reporting and I don't get any other information? It still just redirects to home page when clicking on sign-in. Clicking on Configuration Information also still just goes to an error 500? Is there a log somewhere I should be looking at?

because you asked 3 questions in one post there was confusion, enabling debug was for the 500 in the back office, not your redirect issue.

as for redirect, that is weird...as dh42 there may be  issue with .htaccess, if so you can enable/disable friendly url's to regenerate .htaccess. 

I see the that sitemap is working.  did you change rewrite url for 'my-account' under seo & urls?

didn't change rewrite. I've enabled and disabled friendly url's multiple times. still hasn't fixed it. If its off it works fine. what should the .htaccess have? I could compare what mine is to a default one?

the error 500 for Configuration Information still pops up even with debug on... Should it show something different? 

didn't change rewrite. I've enabled and disabled friendly url's multiple times. still hasn't fixed it. If its off it works fine. what should the .htaccess have? I could compare what mine is to a default one?

the error 500 for Configuration Information still pops up even with debug on... Should it show something different? 

I have not seen this issue, re-directs.  

I asked if you modified the my-account url under seo & url's.  

it should look like this but different number possibly that 18.

10.09.2014-16.11.png

http://screencast.com/t/ImSx6AKIO

so no explanation why sitemap is now working?

as for 500, read the debug link I sent you.  no it should continue to be 500, but underlying error.

None of my "page" sections have .php at the end. other than that its the same. Haven't modified the my-account url under seo & url's. Should I change them all to have .php on the end? 

Sitemap always worked.. it was just the Authentication and Setup and Create new account links that didn't work in there. Pretty much anything pertaining to the sign up link.

None of my "page" sections have .php at the end. other than that its the same. Haven't modified the my-account url under seo & url's. Should I change them all to have .php on the end? 

Sitemap always worked.. it was just the Authentication and Setup and Create new account links that didn't work in there. Pretty much anything pertaining to the sign up link.

add .php just for my-account, and re-test.

so i think i just figured it out.. I compared the prestashop zip file for install to what was on my server...

i randomly had a "login" folder on my root. I renamed it to "loginbak" and now those links work.

Any idea what this folder is for??? contains:

content.tpl

header.tpl

index.php

layout.tpl

No idea how it got there.... 

• Like 1

so i think i just figured it out.. I compared the prestashop zip file for install to what was on my server...

i randomly had a "login" folder on my root. I renamed it to "loginbak" and now those links work.

Any idea what this folder is for??? contains:

content.tpl

header.tpl

index.php

layout.tpl

No idea how it got there.... 

glad you fixed it...because you had us stumped, I know dh42 even looked private.

please drop and give up as many push ups as you can manage. thanks

oh yea, and go hit the like button for all those that held your hand through your crisis. :)

• Like 1