[solved] Product Pages Loading Extremely Slow

Hi,

I'm having real issues with the loading time of my product pages.

I have got the index page to load in under 3 seconds and category pages in 2 seconds flat, but my product pages are taking so long to load, that they sometimes timeout and cannot be reached.  

The site is HERE

If anyone could advise me on how to fix this, I would be very grateful.

I really hope that it isn't very obvious, like the use of large images on the product pages... If so, I apologise for wasting your time!

David

along with dh42 response,

config/defines.inc.php set this to true and visit product page, it will have some timings that may help you find the issue

define('_PS_DEBUG_PROFILING_', false);

turn off after collecting profiling data (at bottom of  product page) as all visitors front and back will also create profiling data

• Like 2

the issue seems to be with your hosting is my first thought. Can you tell me what host and plan you have. Also what version of Prestashop are you using? 

Hi Dh42,

Thank you for your reply!  

I am using version 1.6.0.5 and I am hosting with A2 Hosting as they are recommended by Prestashop.  It is just as well that they have good Customer Service, because I've had nothing but issues with them since paying £400+ up front for annual VPS hosting.

along with dh42 response,

config/defines.inc.php set this to true and visit product page, it will have some timings that may help you find the issue

define('_PS_DEBUG_PROFILING_', false);

turn off after collecting profiling data (at bottom of  product page) as all visitors front and back will also create profiling data

Hi El Patron!

I've attached a PDF document (due to the amount of content) with the profiling output... Not good at all, but I think it's to do with attributes?  The vast majority of attributes have now been removed from the majority of products, the most any has now is perhaps 10 variables and those products are very low in numbers.

I would be grateful for your opinion on this.

profiling.pdf

here is how I would debug it, from report we see:

displayFooterProduct: 142.809s / 10.63 Mb

now visit bo-->modules-->module positions

look for modules hooked at displayFooterProduct

then from bo-->modules-->modules disable on module hooked here until the product displays properly, then they would be the module creating issue.

• Like 1

here is how I would debug it, from report we see:

displayFooterProduct: 142.809s / 10.63 Mb

now visit bo-->modules-->module positions

look for modules hooked at displayFooterProduct

then from bo-->modules-->modules disable on module hooked here until the product displays properly, then they would be the module creating issue.

El Patron... I cannot thank you enough for your incredibly quick reply and fantastic help!

My issue is now fully resolved and I can confirm that there was a modified Block Categories which was hooked into displayFooterProduct. Once i disabled it, the site speed went through the roof and product pages are now loading in 1.79 seconds.

Hope you have a great day!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hi there,

Unfortunately, I have the same problem. My prestashop website (www.bllits.nl) is incredibly slow and I have no idea what to do anymore. I've set define('_PS_DEBUG_PROFILING_', false); to true and you can find the information I received from it here: http://www.noggus.nl/images/profiling.pdf . Can someone please help me figure out what's wrong with my website? :) Thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards,
Juliëtte