Different product description with each combination

Hello

I have a problem here. I want to add a new product (which is a food) and I want to add the taste as combination. For example, I add a new product, like Pizza and the combinations will be Prosciuto Funghi, Caprisiosa, etc

And I want to change the product description with each combination. So when someone choose Prosciuto Funghi for example, the description will change. When the visitor choose Capriciosa, the description change to the capriciosa description. 

Is this possible?

There is one a bit dirty method that you could try: using the legend field of images. 

If you attach one image to each combination and you give each image a "legend" (description) you could use that in an adapted theme.

There are several downsides to this strategy: the legend will be displayed as a legend too, the max length of a legend is 128, what you would probably need to adapt, and Prestashop allows you to set the legend when you assign the image to the product but does not allow later modifications. These downsides can be overcome but it won't be too easy.

• 1 year later...