Preblem with sitemap module

DARKF3D3

When I generate the sitemap from the google "sitemap module", it show me the message "sitemap generate correctly" and it told to use on google webmaster tool this link: http://www.my-website-adress.it/1_index_sitemap.xml.

The problem is that this page doesn't exist, looking in my prestashop folder i find this file instead: 1_it_0_sitemap.xml.

It seem that is the updated sitemap file but i'm not sure... Do you know why this happens?

Your root folder should have more than XXXsitemap.xml, cause you are using multi languages. You should add to your account the 1_index_sitemap.xml. This contains the redistribution_information to the other sitemaps. If your shoproot does not contain this file, so please deinstall the module, install it again and configure accordingly. If you are using only one language so the shoproot will contain only a simple sitemap.xml and you should configure this on your Google webmaster account accordingly.

Summarized for Google Webmaster account setting:

- Multilingual shop: 1_index_sitemap.XML file (MASTER xml file - the others are: 1_en_0_sitemap.xml, 1_it_0_sitemap.xml for ex)

- one language only: sitemap.xml

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Your root folder should have more than XXXsitemap.xml, cause you are using multi languages. You should add to your account the 1_index_sitemap.xml. This contains the redistribution_information to the other sitemaps. If your shoproot does not contain this file, so please deinstall the module, install it again and configure accordingly. If you are using only one language so the shoproot will contain only a simple sitemap.xml and you should configure this on your Google webmaster account accordingly.

Summarized for Google Webmaster account setting:

- Multilingual shop: 1_index_sitemap.XML file (MASTER xml file - the others are: 1_en_0_sitemap.xml, 1_it_0_sitemap.xml for ex)

- one language only: sitemap.xml

hi selectshop

multishop/mulitlingual

g sitemap module v3.0.1 (on 1609) is not creating 1_index_sitemap.xml

do you have example of what this file 'should'  look like, I will just create manually until I determine why it's not built in the first place...

thanks, el