Two websites, similar content

timeatop

We are wholesalers, with a successful web shop for six years. One year ago I made another web shop for one of our resellers for marketing exclusively our products. Google, however, is punishing this newer site by not listing it properly, some of their products are not even listed. There are hundreds of products, it is impossible to write unique content for each of them.
Thus, there is no question of any fraud attempt.
What is the procedure for both sites to be listed properly?

if similar (like) content, then using two(2) ccTLD's can create duplicate content penalty by major search engines (google).

one can have duplicate content when they use one(1)gTLD (.com/.etc) and any number of ccTLD(.hu/.fr/.etc)

this is only guess and advice for your review as your exact issue may differ.  

I am not sure how to check if for example google is penalizing you for duplicate content.

Thank for the reply! You suggest switching to promexdigital.com?

I don't like .com as that is typically associated with US, and really can hurt when competing with other .com's...

that being said, with multishop, you could have a .com/.ue/many ccTLD's, it's really a matter of 'where' you actually ship to (allowed countries at registration that have carrier)

you may want to consider a regional domain i.e. .eu learn more here:

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/1347922?hl=en

• Like 1

Pad your content on the new site. The reason they are not listing them is because they are detecting duplicate content from one site to another. The way that duplicate content is detected is by measuring the code and on site text for a percentage of match between each site. If you wrote a couple pieces of content that would dilute the code to text, that would help. Like say add a new tab on the new site that has 400 words about the business and have it on every product page. Maybe add another 200 words in another tab that tells about their shipping policy, things like that to reduce the text matching on the page will help. 

• Like 2