Google Webmaster tools verification

mascachinches

Hi,

I've just opened my prestashop online site and I want to use the google webmaster tools. To do that, I have to upload a verification file to allow google to verify that I'm the owner. Are there any way to upload this file using the backoffice?. Where must it be placed? Is better to use another method for verification (HTML tag, etc...)?. Thanks!!!!

M.

• Like 1

if you want to upload file - you have to upload it via FTP service or with some hosting account management tools (if you've got cpanel: search for files manager tool)

if i were you i will use tag method, use free module like html box and just paste your verification tag there (on module configuration page select: Header hook and paste code with tag to textbox)

• 7 months later...

"if i were you i will use tag method, use free module like html box and just paste your verification tag there (on module configuration page select: Header hook and paste code with tag to textbox)"

i used this module to paste verification tag there and it went wrong.... see here www.carnationclothes.com kindly tell me a quick fix.

• Like 1

For the txt entry on DNS Google till now never changed the token. For html-token Google already changed twice in 5 years. This means that if Google changes again, you will not see and than if you do not daily work with your Google Webmaster Account you will not notice that there is a fail due to token change.

• Like 2