Mini thumbnails in img/tmp/ folder.

daans

Hey,

I'm working on a custom import fuction for prestashop. Loads of products and categories are added to the database.
The product images are being saved in the img/p/ folder with the corresponding image and product id's as filename. (1-1.jpg)

I regenerate all the thumbnails using the Regenerate Thumbnails functionality in the Preferences panel.

Somehow the mini thumbnails (the ones displayed in in the admin Catalog) aren't being regenerated. I haven't added them manually though, so I have no clue when they actually were generated. The products in the shop do have mini thumbnails, it's just that when I replace the images in the /p/ folder and regenerate thumbnails, all thumbnails are being regenerated except those in the /tmp/ folder.

Permissions are 0777 for both the /p/ folder and /tmp/ folder, and they have the same owner.

Any help anyone?

Thanks,
Daan

• 4 years later...
  • 3 months later...

I don't know if this problem i solved by others.. (didn't seem that way)

But simply "moving" the images (only product_mini) to another folder (in my case i created "Old_mini") did the trick.

It will take quite some time to load the product list the first time in the admin.. but it works. Prestashop will re-generate the Mini's :D

Edited by digitallife (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...

In my opinion, you can delete all images in /tmp folder. We did so in order to regenerate new mini thumbnails since when changing the product images, the existing mini thumbs in /tmp are not renewed. And doing a backup just in case is always a good idea.

• 1 year later...

How can i change the size of this mini thumbnails? Now it is 45x45 pixels. I tried to change it in Preferences > Images with no luck (I thought that size of mini thumbnails is linked to 'cart_default' size).

I can't find "45" digits or something related to this in 'AdminProductsController.php' or 'ImageManager.php'.

Edited by serdib (see edit history)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...