Order Details Sent Automatically

Hi Guys,

I am a freelance web developer, I primarly use WordPress, but a client has asked me recently if I can build them a website using Prestashop, so here I am.

I have downloaded Prestashop onto my local server and pretty much got the hang of it. However the client has asked for the following ordering function:

1. The customer places his order.
2. A master copy of the entire order comes goes to client.
3. Each part of the order goes to the corresponding supplier. Ie. meat to the butcher, veg to the greengrocer and so on.
4. The order should comprise of an individual order number, the customers surname, the order items, the customers contact details, any additional comments made by the customer, the "please have this order ready for collection by" time (which will be standardised), the collection point reference.

What I'm asking is, is there a way when an order is placed to automatically send an email containing the details to specified email addresses? Also is there a way to send an email to certain email addresses only when one of their corresponding poducts have been ordered. For example if a customer ordered meat I would want an email to only go to the client and butcher and not the greengrocer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. As I am new to Prestashop I suspect I will be around asking some more questions soon too.

Thanks

• 5 months later...

Hello, and thanks very much for your reply. I saw that and wondered about it. But, it seems to be triggered after an order is placed without regard to the products on the order.

Here is the situation: we have products that ship from more than one location. One location downloads its' own orders from the cart and reports the tracking number, but the other locations do not. Can that module be configured to send an email to each supplier based upon the contents of the order? In other words, if customer orders items that ship from location 1, 2, 3 and 4 will each location get a copy with its product?

Does the location to which the email is sent depend upon the supplier designation or the manufacturer designation for each product?

I also thought about configuring each shipping location as if it was an affiliate and using that mod.  Do you think that would work?

Again, thanks for your help.

• 3 weeks later...