Help requird with FTP 500 error and Module upload

As a total novice at this, I need to change the permissions on my files from 777 to 755 in order to eliminate a FTTP 500 Error message when using the Cash on Delivery Option. I have absolutely no idea where to find these files in order to make the changes, or indeed how to change them, please can someone help?

I have tried installing the Universalpay module in order to circumvent this, but despite changing the name of the Zip file I still cannot see it in the modules to install. I have read about changing the name of the file within the zip file but cannot work out how to do this.

Any help would be appreciated!

Hello Scottray1970,

Does the error message list the names of the files that need to be changed ?

I have absolutely no idea where to find these files

Those files are the ones running on your host, probably in something like public_html/modules/universalpay

Which hoster are you using ?

Have you any FTP client such Filezilla installed on your workstation ?

You cannot change the permissions in your ZIP before uploading it. You need to have an FTP access.

Hi there,

Thanks for replying. This was somethign that I read on one of the other posts that apprently permissions should be changed for all file extensions so as to provide better protection against hackers. It apparently also eliminates the 500 error that I cam receiving when I try to confirm a Cash on Delivery order.

My hosting site is Hoststar and I have full FTP and PHP access, but if I am brutally honest I am completely clueless as to how these actually work and how to find what I am looking for. If I run perl debugger on the configuration file it gives me a message stating that my files have the 777 extension but I don't know how to change this.

As I mentioned, I tried to upload the Universalpay module but without success. Are you saying that I should install filezilla in order to be able to change the component parts of a zip file before I upload it to Prestashop? I have spent a few hours going in circles, but suspect that it is prbably easier than it appears to be!

It apparently also eliminates the 500 error that I cam receiving when I try to confirm a Cash on Delivery order.

If I run perl debugger on the configuration file it gives me a message stating that my files have the 777 extension but I don't know how to change this.

If your files are 777, most likely the 500 error come from elsewhere. Have you access to the apache server logs file in order to get the cause of the 500 error ?

Are you saying that I should install filezilla in order to be able to change the component parts of a zip file before I upload it to Prestashop?

No, I'm saying the opposite. You need to change the permissions after having uploading it on the server.... But I would search the error 500 origin elsewhere. Start with the logs, look for facts and reasons, feeling around may require lots of time before solving your problem.

Thanks again, is there perhaps an easier way to resolve this such as simply uploading the universalpay module and then setting up a cash payment option?

If so, how do you upload the module? I have tried but can't seem to get it to show. I think I need a step-by-step guide how to do so as I'm really a bit out of my comfort zone here....

Okay, I've managed to donwload the Universalpay file into my FTP file list and have changed the permissions. Do I need to do something to unzip the content of the file. At the moment I can only see the file but not the underlying components and as such it still doesn't appear in the Modules section of Back Office. I am running version 1.06.09 and I have also disabled Email alerts....any help?

Thanks Vekia,

Please excuse my ingornace, but how do you unpack it? I can't see that I have the option to do that in my FTP client. Should I simply upload each of the underlying component parts that are contained within the zip file? Or is there a smarter way that I'm missing?

Sorry about this, but I am starting from a level with very little knowledge, albeit I'm learning fast.

if you have problems with manually uploading files in prestashop backoffice, like i show on tutorial:

you have to unpack file on your PC (with winrar, 7zip or any other else software to deal with .rar / .zip files)

then all files transfer via FTP service to /modules/modulename/ directory

Great thanks very much. I've figured it out and have been able to install the module. I have set-up a cash on collection payment but still get a 500 Error when I get as far as the confirmation step. I was getting the  same for COD and I thought that this solution might circumvent the problem. Any ideas where I should be looking for the error?

Thanks,

I had managed to figure that out and felt I was getting somewhere, but I'm not sure that I understand the errors. I've included the information from the page after I've hit the confirm button and where I receive the 500 Error. I had tried ot post a screenprint earlier when I had figured this out, but I think that the file was too large. In the first block the error is at line 155.

[PrestaShopException]

Can't load Order status
at line 156 in file classes/PaymentModule.php

150. 		if (Configuration::get('PS_TAX_ADDRESS_TYPE') == 'id_address_delivery')151. 			$context_country = $this->context->country;152. 153. 		$order_status = new OrderState((int)$id_order_state, (int)$this->context->language->id);154. 		if (!Validate::isLoadedObject($order_status))155. 			throw new PrestaShopException('Can\'t load Order status');156. 157. 		if (!$this->active)158. 			die(Tools::displayError());159. 		// Does order already exists ?160. 		if (Validate::isLoadedObject($this->context->cart) && $this->context->cart->OrderExists() == false)

• PaymentModuleCore->validateOrder - [line 41 - modules/universalpay/controllers/front/validation.php] - [9 Arguments]
    35. 			return ;36. 37. 		$mailVars = array(38. 			'{paysistem_name}' => $paysistem->name39. 		);40. 		$this->module->validateOrder((int)$cart->id, $paysistem->id_order_state, $total, $paysistem->name, NULL, $mailVars, (int)$currency->id, false, $customer->secure_key);41. 		if($paysistem->description_success)42. 		{43. 			$order=new Order($this->module->currentOrder);44. 			$description_success=str_replace(45. 				array('%total%', '%order_number%'),
  • universalpayValidationModuleFrontController->postProcess - [line 171 - classes/controller/Controller.php]
    165. 			// setMedia MUST be called before postProcess166. 			if (!$this->content_only && ($this->display_header || (isset($this->className) && $this->className)))167. 				$this->setMedia();168. 169. 			// postProcess handles ajaxProcess170. 			$this->postProcess();171. 172. 			if (!empty($this->redirect_after))173. 				$this->redirect();174. 175. 			if (!$this->content_only && ($this->display_header || (isset($this->className) && $this->className)))
  • ControllerCore->run - [line 373 - classes/Dispatcher.php]
    367. 			// Execute hook dispatcher368. 			if (isset($params_hook_action_dispatcher))369. 				Hook::exec('actionDispatcher', $params_hook_action_dispatcher);370. 371. 			// Running controller372. 			$controller->run();373. 		}374. 		catch (PrestaShopException $e)375. 		{376. 			$e->displayMessage();377. 		}
  • DispatcherCore->dispatch - [line 28 - index.php]
    22. *  @license    http://opensource.org/licenses/osl-3.0.php  Open Software License (OSL 3.0)23. *  International Registered Trademark & Property of PrestaShop SA24. */25. 26. require(dirname(__FILE__).'/config/config.inc.php');27. Dispatcher::getInstance()->dispatch();

I'm not sure if these require changing or whether I need to set up something else within the modules in order to trigger the right arguements and values.

Edited by scottray1970 (see edit history)