• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

With this plugin, you can remove {id} & {numbers} from your friendly URLs, such as CMS, manufacturer & supplier, category and product pages.  

This module also prevents duplicate friendly url at back office.

FAKE MODULE. DON'T BUY IT

After carefully comparing both modules with the free module that you have mentioned. Following are the findings of our development team.

The comments maximo88 is talking about are from overrides from default Prestashop class Dispatcher.php which we and the free module used from Original Prestashop core file that's the reason it matches.

For example we used classes/Dispatcher.php from default and so did free module guy so all the comments from base Prestashop file matches because its the same PS file. so goes for other overridden controllers and classes.

http://www.magento-f...12/explain1.png

http://www.magento-f.../12/explain.png

The conclusion is we didn't copied any code from free module.

• 9 months later...

Google has not cared about id's in url's  since 2010...:and I am not sure they were overly concerned even then...

in other words there is no advantage to removing id's...

the reason for friendly url's in the beginning was so someone calling on the phone or otherwise transmit a product, they could read the url over the phone or via email...

if the importance of removing id's is still (or ever was) pertinent, I'd love to learn more about it.

• 3 months later...

The rewrite option and IDs should be available in Prestashop by default, recommending default settings Presta uses. But it is a long time taking topic that has had no proper resolution since 2013 !!! Whenever you add override, something else might not work properly in the shop (e.g. other addon), but it should be an option to choose in the Core installation of presta 1.6 - it is my opinion.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)