Adding <H1> tags to my theme

efgroupadmin

I have read numerous posts here about how to add <h1> tags to purchased themes that did not include them.  I know how important having them is so I have tried to add them to my header.tpl file but no matter what I do it messes up my menu on the top of my page.

I have tried bracketing my logo link, moving the h1 around in different places in the header and it does not seem to matter.

You can see what I mean by going to my development site at test.coach-house.ca the main page will show you the messed up menu but if you click on any of the sub menus they will show you how it should look.

I know I can make the h1 invisible but from what I have read this will either defeat the SEO reason for putting in the h1 or penalize me.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the reply saranrajj.

The length of the h1 tag does not seem to be the critical factor here.  Any h1 tag I add no matter where I add it in the header pushes all the header content down and messes up the pretty menus.

I really would like it if the h1 tag could sit to the right of the logo OR go on top of the logo and not push the menus out of place.

The h1 tag I am trying to use is already working very well in our currently online coach-house.ca site (as opposed to this new test.coach-house.ca site I am developing).