Paypal not communicating with Back Office

sodypop

I've seen multiple posts on this topic but I haven't seen any of them solved.   

A customer places an order, pays, and the transaction isn't recorded in the back office.  The stock does not register the purchase and it shows in the back office as no order was placed.  I only know about the purchase because I get an email from Paypal letting me know I have received money.

I have version  1.6.06

I didn't have this problem with the older versions.   Is this inherent to 1.6?  Anyone have a fix for this?  The problem does not exist with a cash transaction.

I'm using Paypal USA, Canada v 1.3.7.    There are about 4 other threads in the forums with this same issue but I haven't seen one solved.  some date a year or so back.  Was hoping one of those users might have found a solution.  It worked find when I had Presta 1.5.  Problem started with upgrade to 1.6.  My API, email address, etc are all the same as before.

Brenda

This indicates that the Paypal IPN was not received, or it was not processed successfully.  Therefore an order is never created, and the customers cart remains active when they return to the site.

These types of issues require debugging the code to see what is going on.  The best way to do that is to create a paypal sandbox account, and configure the module to use it.  Then you would have to debug the validation.php file (which receives to IPN) and determine where it is failing.

I also have the same issue since I upgraded to PayPal USA version 1.3.7 last week.

And I received this email from PayPal this morning:

Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). IPNs sent to the following URL(s) are failing:

http://domain.com/paypal/standard/ipn/

If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information. If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue.Thanks, PayPal
Edited by jazzin (see edit history)

do you have IPN's enabled in your Paypal profile?  If you do, then you should disable them, it is not necessary to have it enabled, and that is the wrong URL anyway

Yes they were enabled. I have now disabled them. 

After seeing that URL today I thought it looked incorrect, but I had never received that PayPal email prior to today. And I've been using the module for almost a year.