[solved] Prices showing only 0 when attributes 1.6.0.9

Randaal

I've had a few problems with my store that caused it not functioning for a while. Now that the problem (a fulty module) is gone and the site runs as it should I have a little issue with prices.

Everything and everywhere (in the administration) is correct but the price on a product page does not show the right price. When the product has attributes the price displayed on the page is ZERO even though in the cart and order it shows the correct price as it should.

Products without attributes work just fine.

Version 1.6.0.9

yeah, I use native attributes.

1) SQL cache_default_attribute - not helping

2) reuploading the product.js file - it works and prices are showing :-)

And......now my menu javascript does not work :-/ even when I reupload the previous product.js file... ummm .... no idea what just happened :-/

Edited by Randaal (see edit history)

yeah, I use native attributes.

1) SQL cache_default_attribute - not helping

2) reuploading the product.js file - it works and prices are showing :-)

And......now my menu javascript does not work :-/ even when I reupload the previous product.js file... ummm .... no idea what just happened :-/

what is your front off url?  (note delete it when done with this post)

oh, well.... a little progress here

I found out that the js folder hasn't helped it. It was the "Move JavaScript to the end" option in performance tab.

Off = prices work, most of javascripts not

On= everything works, prices not

Now it is off

Wooohooo!

In the topic you have sent me before a user Death Metal Coding mentioned this:

Another solution is to go to themes > your theme > product.tpl and change

{addJsDef group_reduction=$group_reduction}

to

{addJsDef group_reduction=1}

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/320083-000-prices-problem-at-homepage-and-categories-page/?p=1690657

That helped in my case, is there anything you would expect this to have effect on that I should worry about?

Wooohooo!

In the topic you have sent me before a user Death Metal Coding mentioned this:

Another solution is to go to themes > your theme > product.tpl and change

{addJsDef group_reduction=$group_reduction}

to

{addJsDef group_reduction=1}

That helped in my case, is there anything you would expect this to have effect on that I should worry about?

HERE IS LINK TO POST THAT FIXED OP'S ISSUE:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/320083-000-prices-problem-at-homepage-and-categories-page/?p=1690657

I've posted this in other threads, but since this bug keeps coming back to life:

It's great to have helpful people on the forum posting these hacks and workarounds for bugs that the devs haven't fixed yet.

But what upsets me is that apparently the devs think that once someone does that, the bug IS fixed. They've called this issue fixed (and then if you asked for details, linked to the same vague and difficult to follow bug report comments El Patron did) since 1.6.0.7.

This is NOT a fix. This is a hack/workaround - and worse one that breaks other site features. We need a real fix for this problem.

Edited by jleesaxon (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I've posted this in other threads, but since this bug keeps coming back to life:

It's great to have helpful people on the forum posting these hacks and workarounds for bugs that the devs haven't fixed yet.

But what upsets me is that apparently the devs think that once someone does that, the bug IS fixed. They've called this issue fixed (and then if you asked for details, linked to the same vague and difficult to follow bug report comments El Patron did) since 1.6.0.7.

This is NOT a fix. This is a hack/workaround - and worse one that breaks other site features. We need a real fix for this problem.

I agree...it's been a mess...how this continues to be an issue is beyond me.

note I do not supply hacks, in long term this is not good advice.  I prefer to point to forge reports, also I recommend community members to open forge reports, ps developers seldom if ever visit forum..