Can Not Access Shop From Home Without a Proxy

IeM

Hi,

For the last few days I have, and I have not, been able to connect to my shop.

If I try connecting to my shop using my home ADSL the site just times out and nothing is loaded except for one remote JS file. This is true using 4 different computers and different browsers.

However, if I try connecting using my slower wireless dongle account, the site loads.

Also, if I try connecting using my home ADSL but via a free proxy server, the site also loads.

The site has debugging turned on but there are no clues there.

I deleted just about all of the CRON files just in case one of them was overloading the server before I realised that I could access the site via a proxy and the wireless.

I have another older 1.6 version on the same server and it loads.

I can access the server files.

My home IP address is not listed in the shop's DB that I could find from a search, so unless blocked IP's are written to a file,  I don't think it is being blocked but can not be sure. Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi El Patron,

I ran the test you suggested on www.advantagelife.net

This does not seem to be the problem though two came up:

1. No SOA record found
  2. Nameservers do not do DNSSEC extra processing

The rest of the test was fine.

I looked at the server access logs. When I go direct to the site from my home ADSL the log shows that for the site I get URL 408 however, it also shows that I get *.advantagelife.net?rand=(with a 13 digit number). No user agent or referring URL is logged for these either.

The "?rand=" does not show up when I use a proxy or the wireless connection and actually get a loaded site.

This "rand" URL variable must mean something.

ADDED

Another interesting thing is intermittent. Sometimes I can't access the site for a few hours. This last time seemed like a few days. But just now, I can accesses it again for now, but it will fail again.

A while after entering the above I set up a Word Press site in a sub folder of this site. I have no problems accessing this from the home computer.

Thanks

Edited by IeM (see edit history)