EMAIL on Order confirmation

ToddH

I am not sure if there is something that I am missing but for some reason, I do not see anywhere that I can set up email alerts that get sent to the administrator when certain things happen in the shop (order is place, payment confirmed, etc).

• I am using PrestaShop 1.6+ (self hosted)
  • I have email configured for PHP
  • I have sent a test email (it works)
  • I have even processed a test order as a customer using one of my other emails and as the customer, I received the email

But what I need, since i am not planning on 'living in' PrestaShop's backend admin screen, is there a way to configure emails so that I - as the administrator -  can also receive an alert when an order is placed, etc?

Either I am missing a configuration setting somewhere or the process for doing this is NOT intuitive at all.

• I have searched for modules to install but all that keeps coming up is SendInBlue.  I do NOT wish to offload my transactional emails to a 3rd party service. 

HELP PLEASE!

• 2 weeks later...

In 1.6.0.6  I find no 'mail alert' in Modules | Modules when all (Installed/Uninstalled, Enabled/Disabled) are displayed. Nor does a search for 'mail alerts' produce any results.

Nothing of this name shows in the Marketplace.

Any suggestions? Customer emails go through fine. Admin|Preferences is set to send all notifications.

Thank you.

In 1.6.0.6  I find no 'mail alert' in Modules | Modules when all (Installed/Uninstalled, Enabled/Disabled) are displayed. Nor does a search for 'mail alerts' produce any results.

Nothing of this name shows in the Marketplace.

Any suggestions? Customer emails go through fine. Admin|Preferences is set to send all notifications.

Thank you.

I don't know about 1.6.0.6, but in 1.6.0.8 you go to Modules>Modules in the BO and there is a module named 'Mail alerts' that you can configure. It comes bundled with Prestashop 1.6.0.8, so it wouldn't be on the marketplace.