my cms page not saving after editing

• 5 months later...

We had the exact same problem. 

If i edit a CMS page and click save, the changes will not show in the front end. Also we could NOT create a NEW CMS page. We could click save but the changes wouldn't show.

FIX: the fix for us was that in: Back Office > Preferences > General - go to the setting ''Allow iframes on HTML fields'' 

When editing CMS pages or trying to make new CMS pages this setting must be set to ''YES'' (maybe not for everyone but in our case this was the solution)

When finished editing CMS pages you simply put this setting back to ''NO''.

Doing this fixed the problem for us perfectly.

Prestashop V.1.6.0.11

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys. I started having this problem today, and seems like the fix didn't do anything for me, as it was already turned on, so that's not it. I think Vekia might be right on this one, but if you know any other simple fix, I'm all ears. If not, I'll come back with an error report, if I can find it.

EDIT: Ok, so after turned on debug mode: true, I noticed that nothing happened, and it seems that after I change the information inside the CMS page, prestashop says: "Succesful update".

How do I debug that? :))

Jokes aside, this is important, and I hope somebody can help me soon.

EDIT: Vekia said something in another post, about indexation, but no script was given to alter the table information.

Any help regarding the issue, will be appreciated, especially since more people seem to have this problem.

EDIT: I managed to find the syntax for the indexation inside SQL, but it still won't work. Another interesting thing is that inside DB the information gets written, but on website it shows the old information. Wasn't fixed with clearing the cache, either.

Edited by Alex Nitu (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Well, i had a similar issue:

PS 1.6.0.14

I can add a CMS page, but no content/link/title will be saved.

No multishop environment.

I found this solution, which isn't a good one but I think the problem can be found here:

1. Coders look at class ObjectModel around line 679 :

if ($this->isLangMultishop()) 

class CMS is defined as a langmultishop!

there will be a "WHERE" statement created:

$where = pSQL($this->def['primary']).' = '.(int)$this->id
										.' AND id_lang = '.(int)$field['id_lang']
										.' AND id_shop = '.(int)$id_shop; 

If I look into the database structure and the where statement...something doesn't work out. (no id_lang and id_shop columns in the same cms table as far as I can see)

... cannot work

-> I turned isLangMultishop to false for CMS class and it started working.

Warning This is not a general solution, but could lead into the right direction...

Edited by Pete78 (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello all,

I have the same problem, PS 1.6.0.14. Adding new CMS or making changes in a old one used to work in the past for me, but now i discovered this not working

Is there anybody able to explain this problem and give a solution?

Thank you!