[solved] Fresh install of 1.6 can't see product quantities or seo

Hey guys.  I'm giving Prestashop a go and have run into a couple of issues.  When adding a product, I am not able to view the quantities or seo tabs.  I only get a loading message that just sits there forever.  Also, I am seeing constant spinning arrows on the top left corner of my admin panel.

I'm hosting with Host Gator on a shared hosting plan.

Any ideas on what might be causing this and what I might be able to do to correct it?

Thanks for the reply.  I followed the instructions provided but unfortunately I'm not seeing any errors.  All I see is the arrows spinning next to loading.  I'm guessing the errors would show up on that page somewhere?

I only have the test products installed as well as the one I am trying to add.  The problem is the same for demo products as well.

I do have one error on configuration in that Prestahop thinks I don't have register_globals enabled.  I did a phpinfo() on my server and it shows that register_globals is actually on.  Is this part of the problem?

Edited by dinki (see edit history)

I downloaded from the front page and installed by unzipping on my server.  It's version 1.6.0.9 .  Also, I edited my post above as I didn't realize you had replied.  This is what I said about register_globals:

"I do have one error on configuration in that Prestahop thinks I don't have register_globals enabled.  I did a phpinfo() on my server and it shows that register_globals is actually on.  Is this part of the problem?"

you certainly should follow up to turn off, contact you hosting company if you need assistance doing this.

as for original problem, I could not find anything similar to this issue.

I would consider doing the following.

1. re-ftp all files to remote server, it's possible that a file was interrupted during initial ftp process

2. check your folder/file permissions, typically folder = 755 files = 644 (.htaccess = 664)

you certainly should follow up to turn off, contact you hosting company if you need assistance doing this.

as for original problem, I could not find anything similar to this issue.

I would consider doing the following.

1. re-ftp all files to remote server, it's possible that a file was interrupted during initial ftp process

2. check your folder/file permissions, typically folder = 755 files = 644 (.htaccess = 664)

Oh, register_globals should be off?  I can do that.

I think it's unlikely that ftp is an issue.  I transferred the zip file via ftp and unzipped on the server without error.  Can you provide a MD5 checksum for the prestashop_1.6.0.9.zip ?

I did initially install Prestashop via cPanel on HostGator, but it installed the 1.5 version.  I tried doing an upgrade via PS admin one-click upgrade and it appeared to work but my 1.6 default template was all messed up.  I decided to remove the directory (rm -fr /mydir) and start from scratch.  This is where I am now.  I'd really like to get this working.  Can you think of anything else to try?

*EDIT* Just checked the MD5 hash on server and what I downloaded and it matches.  ee7286f0ffc775898136c8c560b08d68

*EDIT2* Just did this too:

find . -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;
find . -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;
 chmod 664 .htaccess 

I think you're right.  It seems to be working now that I've changed the permissions.  Thanks for the help.

One off topic question.  Is there a way to use the default 1.5 theme rather than the 1.6?  I prefer the layout of that theme over the 1.6 default.

I think you're right.  It seems to be working now that I've changed the permissions.  Thanks for the help.

One off topic question.  Is there a way to use the default 1.5 theme rather than the 1.6?  I prefer the layout of that theme over the 1.6 default.

re: theme, I do not know for sure

tip: back office-->advanced parms-->performance  NO matter what theme you use, make sure that it works with java script loaded bottom.  Your shop page render will be much better and google seo will love you for it.

note: when we uplaod zip, then unpack, the permissions are not set correctly, glad it's sorted.

• Like 1

tip: back office-->advanced parms-->performance  NO matter what theme you use, make sure that it works with java script loaded bottom.  Your shop page render will be much better and google seo will love you for it.

I've turned on Caching, Smarty, and all options in CCC.  Can you tell me what you mean about 'make sure that it works with java script loaded bottom' ?

*EDIT*  Also, I changed register_globals to off but I'm still getting:

Optional parameters Please fix the following error(s)

• register_globals

I've confirmed that is off via phpinfo()

I've turned on Caching, Smarty, and all options in CCC.  Can you tell me what you mean about 'make sure that it works with java script loaded bottom' ?

*EDIT*  Also, I changed register_globals to off but I'm still getting:

Optional parameters Please fix the following error(s)

• register_globals

I've confirmed that is off via phpinfo()

tip: back office-->advanced parms-->performance

here you can specify to load java  top or bottom, goal is bottom