How to improve product sales?

James Gordon

Sorry El Patrón but I dont understand....   

My original question was in regards the paid seo modules and the difference with what you can accomplish with prestahop out of the box... Prestashop alone allows you to do everything that paid modules say they do...  Correct me if Im wrong...

I am responding to original posters question, not your specific question about a module solution.  you may want to consider posting a new topic.

as for modules etc.  the one referred to is only compatible for 1.4, so most would not be interested.

as for modules in general, depending on how they work, I think they are useful for 1) the lazy who do now want to bother with it and 2) for large product/category shops where manual updates would not be possible and 3) a module that extends existing native PrestaShop seo type fields.

personally there is only so much one can do at content level (and is rather boring).  but when you take that single content including seo markers and multiplex that by country without duplicate content penalty, then it gets more interesting, i.e. search for your product and see more than one of your shops offering it.

best advice, at single content level, is do what Google says do.  rich snippets etc.

happy ps'ing

• Like 1

Sorry El Patrón but I dont understand....   

My original question was in regards the paid seo modules and the difference with what you can accomplish with prestahop out of the box... Prestashop alone allows you to do everything that paid modules say they do...  Correct me if Im wrong...

re paid modules

the issue now is that developer can not easily extend theme behavior without shop owner managing files.  this is changing and in the future developers can extend theme behaviors and implement things like 'rich snippets', etc.  I for one can not wait.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

To improve your product sale, SMO (Social Media Optimization) is the bst technique that is most popular nowadays for band promotion. Create a new page on Social Media Sites (Facebook, Google+ etc.) that covers the information about your brand and get likes and share from people.

• Like 2

Anthony DeLa Riviere, 

These types of modules sets metas information for your product, home page and they are also helpful in making friendly URLs etc. Yesterday I was searching for SEO Help and I saw a module http://addons.prestashop.com/en/seo-prestashop-modules/17273-advance-seo.html which allows to set metas. E.g if you have 2 thousand products in your store then by using this module you can set from one page.  

Ok then Maria Johns... this module makes it easier, especially if you have many products. However you can accompplish the same results with more work from the back office (except for homepage for CMS that must to be done through phpmyadmin).  

• Like 1

Ok then Maria Johns... this module makes it easier, especially if you have many products. However you can accompplish the same results with more work from the back office (except for homepage for CMS that must to be done through phpmyadmin).  

I agree but If a person do not knows how to change then what he has to do?

Edited by alastairbrian (see edit history)