Swiss Online Shop for Baby and Children's Clothing

Oxbow

Hi, I have recently launched a new store selling baby and children's clothing in Switzerland - www.teddyandflu.ch

Any feedback, comments or suggestions on the site welcomed - thanks!

For anyone reading this who is thinking about using Prestashop as their e-commerice software, then I can whole heartily recommend Prestashop.  I did lots of research on the many options out there including Shopify, BigCommerce and Volusion.  My conclusion was that all four of these companies offer excellent solutions and that no single one is the best.  It's about understanding the difference between these different platforms and choosing the right one for you.

One of the main reasons I chose Prestashop was because it was open-source and allowed me to customise the source code.  As a newbie to coding I have had great fun learning the basics of coding and applying them to the prestashop default template.  Let me know what you think about the look of the website.  I have tried to give it a clean interface that focuses visitors on the products.

Thanks!

Edited by Oxbow (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hello

Very nice site thank you for sharing it  with us.

I did notice a couple of things though.

On the product pages the Add to Cart button and View button text is white and this makes it difficult to see

http://screencast.com/t/OjbdWGAzS

Also white text here

http://screencast.com/t/9imK7vKa9

Anyway, nice colours, easy to navigate and quick.

Well done

Paul

• Like 1

Thanks Paul, particularly for the two screen shots showing the white buttons.  These buttons should be blue, and they do appear blue when I've tested the site in Firefox, IE, Chrome and Safari.  Could you let me know which browser you are seeing this in so that I can correct it.

Many thanks!

That's a great looking site. I love what you're doing with the color scheme. All too often you see sites selling baby's and children's clothing doing this weird thing where you get the impression that the site was designed by a baby. But your site is obviously designed for and by a grown up, while using the color scheme to tell the parents that their kids would be into the clothing as well - well done :)

If I had to, I'd suggest you tried taking a bit more advantage of the width of the screen, removing the white space between your columns and headers, and making the feel of the site lighter by going with a white background on the page.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Crowell - could you let me know what platform and OS you're on to see if I can replicate this?

On a separate point, I think I have managed to solve the grey buttons that Paulito highlighted.  The issue was with the gradient filter not being properly recognised by all platform/browser combinations.