upgrade issues and solution

Hi PrestaShoppers. :)

This community gave a lot goods to me. Software, upgrades, hints and all these kindly stuff. Now I give something back to you, because after screwing, fiddeling and reading around like a maniac, I know how to solve the most upgrade issues.

If there occure problems after upgrading (in my case 1.5 to 1.6.0.8), just reinstall the regarding module. Thats all. Don't mind about the content of the module. It remains in your database, even if you click deinstall and it will appear again after you clicked the install button.

I wish, I would have known this before all that action. Now you know.

Have fun

Martin

Edited by mreisbeck (see edit history)
  • Like 1

If there occure problems after upgrading (in my case 1.5 to 1.6.0.8), just reinstall the regarding module. Thats all. Don't mind about the content of the module. It remains in your database, even if you click deinstall and it will appear again after you clicked the install button.

Be careful with this advice, many modules will remove their configuration and content from the database when you uninstall or reset the module.

You are right, of course. Generally we have to pay attention to our content.

But it worked all right with my common and special modules, which have shown issues after upgrade i.e. blockcontact, blockcontactinfos, HTMLBOX etc.

There have been more modules but sorry,  i can't remember because it is solved now.