[SOLVED] Response Code 503 in GTmetrix and Facebook Debugger

Hello everyone! I hope someone can help me because I'm getting crazy.

I'm using Prestashop 1.5.6.2 with default theme, and my web is cubiljuegos.com

I discovered the problem when I tried to share a product in Facebook. Description and image were incorrect. I installed an open graph module and also tried writing this code in product.tpl:

{*Invisible RDA data for Facebook*}
<meta property="og:title" content="{$meta_title}" /> 
<meta property="og:description" content="{$meta_description}" />  
{if $have_image}<meta property="og:image" content="{$link->getImageLink($product->link_rewrite, $cover.id_image, 'large_default')}" />{/if}

It still didn't work. Then I tried with Facebook debugger (https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug) and it tells me that the URL returned a bad HTTP response code 503.

In GTmetrix I obtained the same response: "The page returned an error: 503 temporarily overloaded".

But the site is not down, you can navigate perfectly.

I also called my hosting provider, and they say it's not their fault, that has to be a problem with my aplication.

I didn't changed anything at .htaccess, just enabled mod_rewrite.

I think the 503 error isn't so important if the site is accesible, but I need the facebook sharer working.

Does someone has any idea? Thanks a lot!!!

Edited by aracney (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Are you sure your site is working? That error indicates that your site is not working.

Also you cannot pass open graph tags in the product.tpl, they have to be passed in the header to work correctly. 

After a few days, I've found the solution in this post:

www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/295860-solved-error-share-products-in-facebook/?hl=facebook+image+description

The problem was the IP geolocation, in Preferences > Location. It was blocking IP out of my country.

Anyway, thanks Dh42 for your response, and thanks the great Vekia for the solution!!

Edited by aracney (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

After a few days, I've found the solution in this post:

www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/295860-solved-error-share-products-in-facebook/?hl=facebook+image+description

The problem was the IP geolocation, in Preferences > Location. It was blocking IP out of my country.

Anyway, thanks Dh42 for your response, and thanks the great Vekia for the solution!!

Thanks for posting this. 

• 2 months later...