How to post orders without using the payment gateways ?

merianos

Hi,

I have a client that his like to build a new e-shop based on PrestaShop.

All the parts of the implementation are fine as useal, but, because he don't have available in stock all of the products, he prefers first to contact the supplier, in order to check the product availability, and then he like to ask the client to perform the payment in order to complete the order.

Based on this rules, he asked if is it posible to replace the last step in check out, that is the payment process with a page that contains a message like the following one:

"Thanks a lot for your order placement. For your own safety we will first check the order correctness as well the product availability. Please note that we will contact you in a few hours to inform you with your order status. If everything is ok then we will send you the payment information for your order."

Also note, that the client he is not interested to use payment gateways like PayPal, or Credit Card payment gateway.

Now my questions  :)

• Is it possible to do what I describe above with PrestaShop ?
  • If so, what is the best way to do what I describe above ?

Kind regards

Merianos Nikos

Prestashop can be used to create an order as your client wishes, but it would require the use of a Payment Module to create the order without taking payment, and then display the content on the order confirmation page.

I'm not sure a Payment module like this already exists, but you could try performing some searches.  If you don't find one, send me a PM and I can provide you with an estimate to create one.

Question: Once the order is created and your client validates the stock, how would your client obtain payment?

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I believe I have similar situation.

I have a local business and local customers. I deliver my own products to customer. I don't need a complicated order approval process.

I like to simplify order process. I’m already using one-page checkout but it’s not enough. I need customer just put name, email and phone number and save(and approve) the order. I’ll call customer and deliver the product by my delivery service. So how can I disable(remove) Date of Birth, Sign up for our newsletter!, Receive special offers from our partners!, delivery address, delivery methods, Agreement checkbox, payment method and order approval page??

I'm using PS 1.5.6.0.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

For newsletter and special offers, just uninstall the newletter modules and they will disappear.

For date of birth, you have to edit your themes authentication.tpl file and remove the field.

For delivery address and methods, this is much more complicated as Prestashop core code requires this information, so now you are into customizing the core coding of the store.

For the terms, go to Preferences > Orders in the back office and disable it

For payment method, this is what creates the order in Prestashop.  It would be easier to create a simple payment module that does nothing but create the order

What is the order approval page?

Thanks for the reply.

I couldn't find newsletter and special offers modules. What are the names?

I've removed Date of birth and Title as you described.

I'm not sure what kind of code coding that I've have to write. But I believe I can do it if you explain how..

I've disabled terms too. (it's great.)

I'm using COD as payment method. I was mentioning. /store/en/module/cashondelivery/validation page to remove but I just found out following solution. So thats fine now.

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/305487-solved-remove-order-confirmation-page/

I appreciate for your your help.

Edited by Pozitif Cozum (see edit history)

I couldn't find newsletter and special offers modules. What are the names?

It is just newsletter, just search for newsletter in your modules list and uninstall or disable them

I'm not sure what kind of code coding that I've have to write. But I believe I can do it if you explain how..

Not something I am going to be able to explain.  You just need to dig into the code, attempt it and ask questions.

• 1 year later...