server configuration optimized to run Super Prestashop

Hi,

I have a server with tdmhoting where i install my website prestashop with multistore and over 50K of products, and yesterday when i make my migration i cannot regenerate my images, i have mod_pagespeed of google, xcache and xginx (some friend tell me that this plugin is responsable for improve performance of processor of server).

But i note that nginx have problem with rewrite and make settings on htacess don't work. After lost some hours working on files of PS 1.6 to fix the problem (i looking on forum, forge and gihub) i get on tip about this here, but the server tell another things:

SERVER TEAM:

Hello,

We have switched the website to use Apache as there are no proper nginx rewrite rules releases from the PrestaShop developers to cover the SEF URLs for nginx. In order to have those rewrite rules created development work will be required and we do not offer development services at this point. You may contact an expert local web developer to review the setup of the store and create proper rewrite rules for it. You may review this ticket for details on how to enabled the nginx as web service for certain domain and add the rewrite rules your developer may create:

IMPORTANT: Dedicated Server Setup

We have installed nginx so you can use it if your developer has proper rewrite rules to implement. Note that the .htaccess rewrite rules will not work on nginx which was the reason those images were missing.

>> i cannot regenerate the images of products on this prestashop

Note that you may need to complete that with a few batches. As it seems regenerating all the images allocates lots of resources and this process should be optimized. This is a task for your developer as we do not offer development services at this point.

One of the available upgrades which will improve the files read/write speed is SSD addon to your current server. The SSH addon will be used for databases we can also set it up to be used for flashcache but will have to reinstall the server for that. Note that the flashcache acts as proxy infront of the SATA drive and handles all the most commonly requested files. The SSD drive read/write speed is way higher than the SATA drives.The SSD addon will add extra $50 to your monthly server fee.

Note that considering the design of your website:

http://mysite.net/

it should be possible to optimize it for better performance as well. This is development work and you should request the optimization to be checked from certified local web developer. S/He should ensure all the image/css/js files are as optimized as possible along with any MySQL queries initiated on the pages. Additionally the php scripts on for this and all the websites you have on this server should be reviewed and patched as much as possible to ensure no errors will be generated. Each error will lower the loading speed of the page which when hit triggers the function causing error message.

As soon as all the scripts have been checked and optimized the next recommended step will be to have SSD drive installed. If your developer recommends higher CPU class and/or more RAM which s/he can use for caching provide us with the requirements and we will do our best to assemble suitable package with those. Also the FlashCache setup is recommended but this will require the server to be re-installed as we will have to re-partition the main drive. This will result into a few hours of downtime as we will have to:

-- Sync your current websites data to backup location
-- Reinstall the server and set it with the required modules for the flashcache to run
-- Sync back the data from the backup location

Let us know if we may assist you further considering the above.

Best regards,

Senior Support Genius
TMDHosting.com

So i would like request help of prestashop to know what is the better configuration for a website with 1GB of DATABASE, 30K visitors month, with PS 1.6.6 installed

I need of nginx? what the better configuration, where set?

I need another things?

Hi,

I have a server with tdmhoting where i install my website prestashop with multistore and over 50K of products, and yesterday when i make my migration i cannot regenerate my images, i have mod_pagespeed of google, xcache and xginx (some friend tell me that this plugin is responsable for improve performance of processor of server).

But i note that nginx have problem with rewrite and make settings on htacess don't work. After lost some hours working on files of PS 1.6 to fix the problem (i looking on forum, forge and gihub) i get on tip about this here, but the server tell another things:

SERVER TEAM:

So i would like request help of prestashop to know what is the better configuration for a website with 1GB of DATABASE, 30K visitors month, with PS 1.6.6 installed

I need another things?

Ngnix don't support mod_rewrite. There are several topics in Prestashop Forum on which you can find how to. Please use the search.

for ex: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/336282-mod-rewrite-in-nginx-server/?do=findComment&comment=1707984

Also for to speed-up your server you will find here several topics. At least you can use cloud services, if your server is not well configured.

for ex:

• magic_quotes_gpc = off
  • memory_limit = 128M min. better 256M
  • max_execution_time = 300
  • max_input_time = 300
  • upload_max_filesize = 20M
  • post_max_size = 20M
  • max_input_vars = 5000
  • allow_url_fopen = on
  • safe_mode = off
  • cURL - installed and ON
  • mod_rewrite = installed and ON (for linux servers Apache) - for nginix, please follow first link.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

SERVER TEAM:

I need another things?

What did you end up doing? Can you share some feedback from your installation?