need small help with a module

cyberdoc

im new to presta development and trying to create a simple module where the admin defines an installation fee for a product(in backend) (i've already coded this part completely and got it working, new tab to define fee, saves into a new table). now i just need that during ordering when the products list comes at checkout an option for INSTALLATION Comes besides each product and if user checks it the save value is added to the  bill!!. thats if, in intrested contact immediately!

ive built the module with the backend part already done. (adding the fees to each product and saving in the database). im having difficulties with the frontend part. So basically its half way right now with backend part done, Frontend remaining.

Edited by cyberdoc (see edit history)

Hi Cyberdoc,

You can achieve this in the following way also:

Just create an attribute name "Need Installation" with values "No" and "Yes".

And at the time of product addition you just assign attribute "Need Installation". Make no as default Value and set installation price as Price varient for "Yes".

If user will select "yes" for installation then installation charge will apply to product cost.

If this is useful for you then you can adapt this.

Kind Regard

Peter

@ peterdsouza - thanks a lot i'll try that option.. 

@megventure - i saw ur module and its almost exactly what i need. Just two things, i wantonly one extrafee (installation) to be there and no option to add more and more importantly its a little over my budget. ive already invested in some of the bigger modules :((