Single store multiple domains .htaccess

ukbaz

Hi

I am having an issue with latest version of v1.6 Prestashop.

We have one shop (not multistore) and one main domain name. This has several 'domain aliases set to point to the one domain.

Thus domainname1.co.uk, domainname2.co.uk, domainname3.co.uk all resolve to domainname.co.uk 

This works for index page only any calls for domainname1.co.uk/subpage, domainname2.co.uk/subpage, domainname3.co.uk/subpage all get domainname.co.uk/?controller=404 page not found

How can I set up .htaccess to resolve main domain and aliases correctly.

Hi

I am having an issue with latest version of v1.6 Prestashop.

We have one shop (not multistore) and one main domain name. This has several 'domain aliases set to point to the one domain.

Thus domainname1.co.uk, domainname2.co.uk, domainname3.co.uk all resolve to domainname.co.uk 

This works for index page only any calls for domainname1.co.uk/subpage, domainname2.co.uk/subpage, domainname3.co.uk/subpage all get domainname.co.uk/?controller=404 page not found

How can I set up .htaccess to resolve main domain and aliases correctly.

you could not do this without the 'other' aliased url's  changing to your one domain.

you would need to enable multishop, then create a shop for each alias, (share everything etc.)

Hi El Patron

Many thanks for the reply.

I actually don't mind if the aliased URL's change:

domainname1.co.uk/subpage, domainname2.co.uk/subpage, domainname3.co.uk/subpage resolving to (main domain) domainname.co.uk/subpage would be fine. Is there a way to do this?

If I create 3 separate shops with the same content resolving to three individual domains then surely this will incur duplicate content in Google etc, so I really don't want that. I want one main domain that all url's from aliases resolve to

If it's not possible to do this in .htaccess can it be done in an Apache rewrite?

Thanks

Hi El Patron

Many thanks for the reply.

I actually don't mind if the aliased URL's change:

domainname1.co.uk/subpage, domainname2.co.uk/subpage, domainname3.co.uk/subpage resolving to (main domain) domainname.co.uk/subpage would be fine. Is there a way to do this?

If I create 3 separate shops with the same content resolving to three individual domains then surely this will incur duplicate content in Google etc, so I really don't want that. I want one main domain that all url's from aliases resolve to

If it's not possible to do this in .htaccess can it be done in an Apache rewrite?

Thanks

if we use ccTLD (.fr/.de/.etc) and only one gTLD (.com/.co/.etc)  then you will not have duplicate content penalty.  This is also an AWESOME way to increase your by country SEO.

From google: 'A multi-regional website is one that explicitly targets users in different countries. Some sites are both multi-regional and multilingual (for example, a site might have different versions for the USA and for Canada, and both French and English versions of the Canadian content).'

learn more here: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/182192?hl=en

If the url reverts to main url (this can be done with simple 301 redirect) you will NOT get SEO improvement.