PS 1.6 Shipping problems!

I have a clean installation of PS 1.6

I go to modules, install and configure FedEx shipments with my FedEx account info. I assign FedEx to the Root>Home categories which should make it the default for every category beneath Root>Home

I then disable every other shipping possibility other than Ground Home Delivery.

I then edit my product item to reflect proper package dimensions, weight etc and assign the Ground Home Delivery as the default carrier for the item.

My Shipping>Preferences also are updated to reflect the default carrier.

According to all of this; when I add the item to the cart it should query FedEx and show the price for shipping.

Instead, it still shows "Free Shipping!" and does not add any shipping charges.

It is also showing: "No carriers available for the address "Home"."

Error: None of your chosen carriers deliver to the address you've selected.

Even though I am shipping to a USA address using FedEx and have all countries enabled.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by kevin13952 (see edit history)

I had a similar problem in 1.5 today, here is how I fixed it, maybe it could be the same problem you are having?

See here:- http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/338893-shipping-problems/

According to that post, he fixed it by disabling advanced stock management. But I'm not using advanced stock management and none of my products have it enabled.

This may be a bit unrelated, but is it REALLY necessary to add the shipping module to EVERY item in your store? Isn't there some global function that will make any shopping cart display a set of carriers and the customer can choose, and when *he does, it will query the carrier to get the correct shipping?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've run into this a few times now and the only thing that has worked for me is to delete the carriers and create new ones. 

I also was getting the following two errors:

-------------------------

"No carriers available for the address "Home"."

Error: None of your chosen carriers deliver to the address you've selected.

-------------------------

I tried just about everything, but this (and a these tips below (original post) got it going:

1) Deleted all carriers (UPS Module & USPS Module) in the Shipping -> Carriers menu tab. List was empty.

2) Uninstalled the Shipping Module

3) Reinstalled the Shipping Module

4) Configured the Module and only the Module.  I did not go back into shipping or any of the specific products. Just let the module take care of things.  I did not even go to any of the categories or products to set up shipping.  Just left it alone.

I tested and saw results. I could then move forward and adjust settings knowing that if the problem arose again, I at least knew where to begin (worst case scenario anyway). This also seemed to fix the "Free Shipping" text from showing in the "Hover-over Cart" dropdown.

-- Jim