How To Change Cart Block image?

I am trying to adapt the bootstrap theme to one of my stores and I would love to change the shopping cart image in the cart block at the top of the page. Is there a way to simply change this image? I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks

Bill

That doesn't actually work with that theme. I tried that but now I get the stock cart img over the top of the background image.

The line that adds the image is this one

content: "\f0d7";

or at least it's one of those kinds of lines.

I commented out them all and the shopping cart goes away. The problem is that the text then shifts over on top of the background image. I can add more left margin to fix that BUT... is there a way to do it correctly? Plus the word "Cart" is still on there. I want to change that to "bag" Any ideas?

.shopping_cart > a:first-child:before {
    content: "\f07a";

That is the line that adds the shopping cart icon BUT your code does not replace it. It just adds a background under it. If I quote out the content line the cart icon goes away and the text shifts over to the left. What I am trying to do is replace the icon with another icon. How do I do that?

Remove content: "\f07a"; from .shopping_cart > a:first-child:before {

Then in .shopping_cart > a:first-child{ change padding from padding: 7px 10px 14px 16px; to lets say padding: 7px 10px 14px 46px; to get space on left, and add background:url("../img/abc.png") 0 0 no-repeat #333;

Edited by dioniz (see edit history)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Hello,

I don't know if it would be correct to start another topic, but I think that this conversation is quite related to what I wish to ask.

Cart block: is there a way to add parenthesis at the sides of the product increment number, like it happens, for example, with the status "(empty)"? How it could be done?

Thanks in advance,

Fred

• 2 weeks later...
This is more an aesthetical issue but that it can be confusing as it is right now. In my chart block I changed a little the text quantity in order to make the page reading more straight. So I translated the value "(empty)" with "(0)" and the I deleted the values "product", which occurs when inside the cart there is only 1 product, and the word "products", which occurs when inside the cart there are 2 or more products. Therefore, my cart now displays only the increment values when is gradually filled.

My question is: where can I add parenthesis at the sides of the increment values as it was for "(empty)" and now is for "(0)"?

Thank you very much for your help!

Thank you for your reply. I already did the translation part, as wrote in the previous post, and that was the easy part of the work.

Unfortunately, I can't find the right line to insert the parentheses in, unless I have to create it. Which is over my capabilities...

Thought it would be easier. :)

Now that I think about it, using CSS is probably easier. For example, add the following to themes/default-bootstrap/themes/blockcart/blockcart.css:

.ajax_cart_quantity:before { content: '('; }
.ajax_cart_quantity:after { content: ')'; }

• Like 1