[Solved] Best way to add php in .tpl

klmiop

Hellooooooooo

I'm actually trying to make a little thing : 

I'm adding a fixed bloc at the top of my prestashop website, and i want to display some informations inside.

So i went in the header.tpl in my theme folder, and i added my div right after the <body> tag, and my div is displaying fine. 

Now, i want to display some text depending of the content of $_SESSION['foo']

If $_SESSION['foo'] is empty, i will display a link, else i will display it's value.

I already have the php code ready, but i'm getting troubles to make it worki in a .tpl

I've read about the {include file} or the {php} {/php} tags, but it seems not to be working or not beeing a good thing to do, i read that the best way would be to add my logical php treatement inside a controller.

My question is, where should i add my php code ? i know i can assign variables to smarty and then display them easily in a .tpl, but i need to make some php processing before.

Thanks in advance for reading and for those who could try to help me.

Best regards

Edited by klmiop (see edit history)

{php} {/php} is no longer allowed in version 3 of Smarty. So, as Prestashop has been using that version for quite some time that is not an option.

You should be able to access your session variable in Smarty as {$smarty.session.foo}

I don't have experience implementing php code for header.tpl, but I would consider using config.inc.php.

• Like 1

{php} {/php} is no longer allowed in version 3 of Smarty. So, as Prestashop has been using that version for quite some time that is not an option.

You should be able to access your session variable in Smarty as {$smarty.session.foo}

I don't have experience implementing php code for header.tpl, but I would consider using config.inc.php.

I read you could change the smarty.Class to include for something like smartyBC for backwards compatibilty, but it sounded a bit dirty. 

So i ended adding my php processing in the config.inc.php, not sure if it's the best place, but it's working, there i'm making some tests, then i just assign some variables with smarty->assign and i can display them easily in my header.tpl

why session? you can use cookie instead? or you want to store some important datas in session variable?

Humm no specific reason, i just went for cookies instead, and it's working like a charm !

I'm really thankfull for you guys to responds so quickly :)

I'm changing this to solved, thanks for the help.