add video to product image area?

Does anyone know how (with PS 1.5.6) to add video alongside the product images so that a video thumbnail appears with the other image thumbs and when clicked on opens the embedded YouTube/ Vimeo video in the lightbox?

The other workaround would be to add a small image thumbnail to the description linked to the video that opens in the lightbox - how can that be done?

Well I have found a couple but they are all based on adding a new product tab which I don't want to do.  I have asked the developers if it is possible to plug these modules into a new new hook at the end of the product thumbs to create extra list items for each video thumbnail which then opens in a lightbox, but so far they haven't really answered my questions...  It seems like just a matter of creating a new hook and updating template files, but until they can confirm this I'm not paying out for a module that might not work to my needs.

As I said, as a workaround if I can't get that to work I would need my client to be able to link to the video in a lightbox via a thumbnail image in the product description.