language problems please help

Hi 

i have problems in the translations

let me tell you what i did

i moved backup form 1.5 PS shop to test server > updated > installed theme > configured > translated > all fine

after that : live store > maintanance mode etc. >upgrade to 1.6 > install theme > configuration > want to import the tarnslation generated by store on test server --- did not work

manually set over the language file in: theme > theme name > lang, modules, mails, pdf

these languages come through but...

when i want to change anything by going for example to:

localization > translations > theme > language dutch > apply 

and i edit a translation, when i want to save i get this (i have dutch warnings, but i translate here)

Can not write this file: "/home/xxxxx/domains/xxxxx.com/public_html/themes/warehouse/lang/nl.php

• This file has to be writable: /home/xxxxx/domains/xxxxx.com/public_html/themes/warehouse/lang//nl.php

(is this ok? //nl.php ... must it not be just one /)

the settings are same for test domain and live domain... folders are 755 and files are 644

so if it works on 1, should it not also need to work on the other?

-----

when i do it for installed modules i get this warning

Can not write to theme language file (/home/xxxxx/domains/xxxxxx.com/public_html/themes/warehouse/modules/bankwire/translations/nl.php). Controleer de schrijfrechten aub.

when i do the same for email translations i get this warning:

Can not write language file for e-mail subjects, path is: /home/xxxxx/domains/xxxxx.com/public_html/themes/warehouse/mails/nl/lang.php

Nobody?

i know i can set the rights to 666 and it is possible, but that is not really good practice... as webshop admin i should be able to do these actions without these warnings.

I hope anyone has an idea