Top horizontal menu does not drop down after removing quick search box.

Hi everyone!

Like "mareco 13 April 2014 - 08:17 PM" said on his post:

"I had removed the quick search box previously. When I re-installed the search box, the drop down menu works perfectly. If I remove or unhook the quick search box, the top horizontal menu does not work."

Well i would like to remove the "quick search box" and keep  the "drop down menu"  so how can i fix it?

(Presta 1.6, theme default)

Thanks for your help.

hello

let's clarify a little

you disabled search in top horizontal module or search block module (addon totally not related to top horizontal menu) ?

Hi Vekia,

I read a older post from answering to "mareco 13 April 2014 - 08:17 PM" post and with what you just said, i tried differents things and what i found out is:

• when i disabled search in top horizontal module - the dropdown top menu stop working
  • when i disabled search block module -  the dropdown top menu works

(so i disabled search block module -  the dropdown top menu works)

Is that way it works?

Hi Vekia,

I read a older post from answering to "mareco 13 April 2014 - 08:17 PM" post and with what you just said, i tried differents things and what i found out is:

• when i disabled search in top horizontal module - the dropdown top menu stop working
  • when i disabled search block module -  the dropdown top menu works

(so i disabled search block module -  the dropdown top menu works)

Is that way it works?

yes me to, dropdown not works

• 6 months later...

Theres is a fix for this on this thread below. It worked for me.

You simply add a new category and add a new sub category (temporarily) and then after youve added those your drop down should appear. Sounds stupid and it was one of the first fixes i read but i ignored it because it sounded stupid lol. Thread below. 

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/321312-top-horizontal-menu-not-displaying-subcategories/

• Like 1