Help to get payment module working in Prestashop 1.5.6.2

bgaynham

Hi,

Please, I need some help to discover why the Monsterpay payment module is not working properly on Prestashop 1.5.6.2. It worked on previous versions.

The problem I am having is that the prestashop invoice is capturing the products plus shipping costs correctly but when it is passed to the Monsterpay website to process the payment the shipping costs are not being passed on. So the payment amount processed on Monsterpay is only for the products amount without the shipping charge.

Monsterpay support says that the module only supports up to Prestashop 1.5.3.1 and sent me the attached code to see if I could get it to work on 1.5.6.2. I know nothing about coding so was hoping somebody here might be able to help?

Many thanks,

Bruce

MonsterPay_PrestaShop_v1.4.4.1.zip

Hello,

I see that you're new on the forum, welcome! :)

The Monsterpay module is not developed by PrestaShop and it's a good thing that you contacted their support service. But be careful, you didn't post in the right section. I move your topic into the "Development" section.

Cheers!

You are making the assumption that we know how the monsterpay gateway works, and thats a bad assumption to make.  You first will need to obtain the specification from monsterpay so it is clear how data should be sent to them.

Looking at the module coding, the module is sending the following

1) each product in the cart and that products cost including tax

2) the total shipping cost

The module does not send the total order amount, nor does it send any discount amount.  This means that the module assumes the monsterpay gateway is going to add the cost of products, plus the cost of shipping and that is the total amount the customer is going to be charged.

Now you need to confirm with monsterpay gateway if that is how their gateway works.  They should provide you with an integration guide or API specification so that we can determine the answer

Thank you for your help Samyha in getting my request to the correct place.

Thank you bellini13 for your reply and insight into the monsterpay module.

I will forward your response to them and see if I get any clarification or solution.

Bruce

So the monster gateway does not allow for sending 2v things

1) An order total

2) Discounts

This means that the gateway expects to receive individual products and their prices (including tax), and then the gateway will sum the cost of all products and calculate the total cost.  It also expects that if a discount was used, that discount amount must be subtracted from the product prices, which is something that Prestashop does not do.

So the module does this

1) For each product in the cart, the module sends the product and its price (including tax)

2) If the shipping cost is greater than zero, then the module sends the shipping cost as a separate product, and the name of that product is "Shipping Cost".

The module does nothing with vouchers, so if you do allow for vouchers to be used, they will not be considered.

So from what I can tell, then module is coded properly according to the specifications.  You'll need to provide more details about an order that did not work properly.  From your original post, you said shipping was not being sent, but I believe it would be sent as long as the shipping cost is greater than zero.