Is it possible to safely remove unneeded code?

Presta_Kev

Hello everyone,

From what I understand, you can extend the functionality of a module or set of controllers by overriding them, making it safe to update to the latest Prestashop version at any time but is it possible to do this in reverse?

Whilst Prestashop offers a vast toolset, I know that I will never need all of the functionality and wish to remove all code that I will never need (some elements in the back office, some in the front office and some admin code). Is there a way to safely remove unneeded code whilst still maintaining the ability to safely update Prestashop?

I know I haven't explained this very clearly but if you need any clarity, feel free to let me know and I'll try to explain it a little better.

Thank you

I was worried about that. I do love how modular Prestashop is but there are some times that I would really like to simplify code and have a back office only for what I need.

I guess my idea is a little unstable. It may be something worth suggesting to the dev team at some point (if it is even worth it), until then, I'll settle with what I can get.

Thanks for the reply :) also, is it possible to keep this topic open in the event that someone knows any safe options?