Help - Upgrading from 1.1.0.5 to 1.2.5

My doubt is how to upgrade my database without lose any data?

In all the post regarding this issue I can't find any answer to this.

tks

I will repeate myself

Tip: do the upgrade off-line on an shadow server/website before you touch your live shop.

If you follow the upgrade instructions found on the Dowload page you will be fine.

Read also: This.

Hi, I am also ready to upgrade from 1.1.0.5 - 0.152s to version 1.2.5, but am hesitant. First, I am sure that this question has been answered before, but rather than just tell us it has been answered, perhaps you could point to the posts where we can read the answer.

Second, when you say do the upgrade on a shadow site, do you mean that we should first copy our existing shop to that shadow location, then upgrade, then move it all over to the root directory?

I am sure that moderators get tired of the same questions. Rest assured, we are not asking them out of boredom.

I was planning not to reply as we have over and over again explained HOW to upgrade but to me it looks like that you all want it done in 5 seconds and with no problems.

IF you follow the instructions then you will succeed, if something goes wrong and you kept following the instruction the only thing damaged is your shadow shop.

- end of reply / discussion -

If upgrading was "to follow the instructions then you will succeed", Why is it that time and time again people are having problems in upgrading, I am still using version 1.1.0.5 and would love to do the upgrade to the latest version but fear that if I do I will have a mass of problems and then there will be down time of my website.

Surely with all the knowledge of the developers and the PS community there could be some type of module or tab in the BO to help in the upgrade process.

Regards,

Mark.