Cache problem - new products not showing

I have a problem  related to cache using Prestashop 1.5.6. It was working fine a week ago, but now every time I add a new product in the back office, I have to clear smarty cache in tools > performance, or I can't see it in front office. What's wrong?

vekia, it's not normal. Maybe you didn't understand me. I am using Prestashop in the last 5 years, always with cache enabled. When I added a new product, it was always immediatly visible in my home page. Now, new products are not showing until I clear the cache.

it's normal, this section uses caching, so if your shop uses cache, products will be cached there

Now, new products are not showing until I clear the cache.

and i still think that this is normal :) in prestashop above 1.5.4.1 release

modules are optimized (due to the better performance) and you see old cached version.

this is why you see them only after clearing cache.

Sorry, now I think it's me who don't understand.

You are saying that every time my client add a new product I will have to access prestashop admin and clear the cache? Or I will have to open performance options to him and his employees? It doesn't seem secure for me.

Is there any other way to do this, assuming that I need to use cache?

And another point is that I have been using 1.5.6 version for 2 months, always with cache enabled, and only now I am having this issue.

and i still think that this is normal :) in prestashop above 1.5.4.1 release

modules are optimized (due to the better performance) and you see old cached version.

this is why you see them only after clearing cache.

Sorry, now I think it's me who don't understand.

You are saying that every time my client add a new product I will have to access prestashop admin and clear the cache?

noo, cache will be regenerated automatically after some time, more informations about utilize smarty cache here (great blog entry by the way) http://www.prestashop.com/blog/en/how-utilize-smarty-cache-prestashop/

• 2 years later...