Issues migrating from local to server.

Hi there,

We are currently working on a base bootstrap-theme which was duplicated so we could customize it.

We have no problems at all working locally. When we try to make our version work in a different server, all the changes made to the theme configurator and slider modules are gone. We can only see the changes we made on some tpl files such as header and the ones made in global.css. The modules mentioned above show what it comes as default even when the back-office panel clearly shows the information that we uploaded (curiously, the thumbmails are also missing).

- The database was duplicated, so all the tables should remain the same as my local copy.

- The images are within their folders.

- So far, we couldn't find any issue with the file routes.

Thank you all.

I found it very easy to move an installation from one server to another. I simply created a new database and imported the one from my test site. Only edits I needed were to settings.inc.php and .htaccess. And edits to BO url, seo. To move the site itself I simply zipped (tar.gz) and uploaded that to a new folder on the domain, unzipped and checked file permissions were correct before deleting the old site and moving new contents to root. Really simple operation.

You might look at your .htaccess file as a possible cause to your problem.

to move prestashop from one server to another :
I first deactivate any cache.

I dump the sql. and do a search and replace on it. (someurl1 -> newurl2)
then upload it to a new db on the "new server"

I also do a search and replace on .tpl files etc...

I did as jetx suggested but strangely enough some old urls were still here and not "replaced" by the new url. that's why I do a search and replace. Of course you need to update the settings.inc.php

here is how I do it.

I've done it more than 20 times as I need to update a very old 1.4.x to a 1.6.x.
This was a pain but I now have some kind of procedure, and as of writing it has quite worked well.

For the thumbnail I had sometimes to rebuild the images, not every time but I did had to do so.

One last note concerning thumbnails, I did use mediaserver on production server and had to deactivate it on local as I had errors with missing pictures. (simply remove urls in the settings.inc.php)

Maybe it can help.

Edited by clpadmin (see edit history)

It turned out that the problem was about the language settings. Based on the fact that you can choose a language for whatever you add to the page, we found out that the user that has generated the content had his language set for english and the others were in spanish, so no one couldn't see what he's actually added such as sliders and content blocks.

We hope this will further assist anyone dealing with the same problem.

Thank you!

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I have problem after migration of mi project.I have followed all process properly but "The page isn't redirecting properly" Error is shown.

I have followed  following steps:-

1>Change value of PS_SHOP_DOMAIN,PS_SHOP_DOMAIN_SSL.

2>Changed in settings.inc.php

3>Clear cache and cookies.

4>unset session and re login.

5> also delete .htaccess file.

But problem is no t solved,if any help it will be appreciable.

Hi All,

I have problem after migration of mi project.I have followed all process properly but "The page isn't redirecting properly" Error is shown.

I have followed  following steps:-

1>Change value of PS_SHOP_DOMAIN,PS_SHOP_DOMAIN_SSL.

2>Changed in settings.inc.php

3>Clear cache and cookies.

4>unset session and re login.

5> also delete .htaccess file.

But problem is no t solved,if any help it will be appreciable.

what prestashop version you use? this is the most important thing in this case

• 3 months later...

I have a problem.  Site was migrated into new directory.  I now cannot access it from the web.  I also cannot log in.  I tried regenerating ht.access, still cannot get to it.  I can only see it in Filezilla. I assume that I got the correct ht.access file

I do not know where to find some of the files I might need to change.

Is settiings.inc in the root or in Admin please?

I have a problem.  Site was migrated into new directory.  I now cannot access it from the web.  I also cannot log in.  I tried regenerating ht.access, still cannot get to it.  I can only see it in Filezilla. I assume that I got the correct ht.access file

I do not know where to find some of the files I might need to change.

Is settiings.inc in the root or in Admin please?

do you see some errors or what?

what is going on when you're trying to open website?