Mail Alerts doesn't work in v1.2.5

Hello everyone!

I have tried to change the mailalerts module to version 1.2.4 and the latest SVN-version. Does not do it!
Also tried to change to the english languge - nothing happens.

Neither store owner OR customer recieves any mail!
Contact form doesn't work either.

We have a lot of basic mail()-functions working like a charm on the same server.
We also have a - up and running 1.2.4 PS! Also working!!

Fresh install of 1.2.5 does not work!

Are there any other mail function involved for mail alerts and contact-form? classes/Mail.php?

Anyone know where to start searching for solutions to this problem?

A big thanks in advance!

I have a test-shop PS 1.2.5.0 that sends all e-mails witout any problems.

I think that your server setup is not compatible with the way that PS sends its e-mails.
So, check your server config on how to handle the e-mails.
That a previous version works is no garanty that newer will also.

im getting issue where my contact form is not sending email notifications to web master or cutomer service unlees the email in form is @mydomain.com... obviously that is wrong.. anyones email should work there.. but in looking at it in detail it seems the email entered in form is being used to send the email 'from' which is why it must be a @mydomain.com address.. which again is wrong. what part of what code is making the form think that the email in the form is to be used to send the email notification's from address? cause it should be sent from BO> Preferences> Contact> Shop e-mail.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,
We have a similar problem with mailalerts in 125.
But it is odd.
We have used BO/PREFERENCES/EMAIL setup with our external SMTP server details.
Sending contact form emails work fine.
But mailalerts do not get sent.
Looking at the code for mailalerts 2.2, it seems to use the same MAIL::SEND function as the contact form, but we are getting no emails, and neither are our customers.
We are still trying to track down errors, but I wondered if anyone has a similar problem? or any suggestions?

Cheers

n.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Month later, still struggling to try and get to the bottom of this.

I ran a live order yesterday to test and all admin recipients got the email notifications. Minutes later a customer order came through and we received nothing from Prestashop (just the 1 from payment processor). I cannot find any common thread between orders/customers we get notifications for and those we don't.

Totally have run out of ideas. I've messed with permissions in the mail alerts & authorize.net modules, changed the shop's main email address & whitelisted everything imaginable on our spam filter.

Does anyone have any ideas on debugging the mail alert process. I have to find a way to see if the emails are even being generated or not?

Looks like i have the exact same problem. The contact-form.php works fine, but Mail Alerts won't send anything.

Update:
I SOLVED the problem... the problem was that the Module installation did not create the new lang directory in "mailalerts/mails/" , even though the permissions were set right.

So i duplicated the EN folder via FTP, renamed it in my current lang (RO) and it works!