Problem with new install 1.6.0.6

Hi Everyone
Hi Vekia

I am new to prestashop and I am trying to learn the basics.
I have a new install 1.6.0.6 that has not been modified from the
defaults  when I navagate around the site to see what works
there are some things that are broken.

These functions don't appear to work.

{Top bar catagories , }
    On all pages the dropdown menu doesn't
work when curser is hovered , except for the
homepage and product info page.

{Top header shopping cart.}
    With products in cart,   
On all pages the dropdown doesn't
work when curser is hovered , except for the
homepage and product info page.

{Sort products feature}
    On all pages that list multible products - best sellers,
women,new products, ect -,  none of the sort products
options work, - price lowest first-, -product name A to Z,- ect

{ View by grid or list option}
     On all pages that list multible products, the option to
show products by grid or as a list does not work.

{ left column product filter}
     On all pages that list multible products, the option to
filter products by -size, color, styles-, does not work.

I looked for a way to activate some of these things
at the moduals
---Layered navigation block
---catagories block
-- cart block
but I found nothing.

I have installed presta 1.6.0.6 with one click installer
at server and manually and the same problems are there.

The same problems can been seen
on the softaculous.com  prestashop demo site

http://demos5.softaculous.com/PrestaShop/index.php

And on the Prestashop demo site

http://demo.prestashop.com/en/?view=front

Are these features suppost to be activated somehow ?
what the heck do I do about this.

my store isn't live so crawlers won't index the wrong type
of store on my domain. but if you can give me an IP you use
I can enable site to work for you.
The demo sites urls above have same exact problems.

Thanks You for any help.
     Presta 100

Hello,

I have also upgraded from 1.5.6 to 1.6 and experienced some of the same problems. My layered navigation & the categories block did work, but the Manufacturers block was not showing. After the upgrade I went to modules and upgraded any that need to be updated. That didn't solve my problem, so I rest the Manufacturers block, which did not fix the problem. So I then uninstalled the Manufacturers block, and reinstalled it. To my surprise it was now on the home page.

Upon addressing my next problem, 2 featured products and 2 slide-shows on the home page. I then go to Modules>Positions (live edit) to try and delete the duplicate. Before the upgrade I moved a few module blocks to where I wanted them, and it worked before. Trying this approach worked for the featured products, but not the slide-show. So I once again I rest the module, then uninstalled and reinstalled. Just as before, the slide-show was in just one place instead of two. All that was left to do was replace the images and settings the way I had them before.

Another thing I did long before the upgrade was to create another customer group that I did not enable in all the categories. So upon adding the group access, the category moved. I realized then that when I was setting up categories, I had marked my main categories as being root. That way they would show in the top horizontal menu like I wanted, with my subcategories showing under with mouse hover. I could not find that option for the categories, root enable or disable, in the 1.6 version which resulted in all root categories being listed, with their subcategories, under home in the catalog>categories page. They are not a subcategories of home, which caused the categories block to disappear off the home page. Top horizontal menu was also not working with any link other than home bringing up a 404 error. I then went to top horizontal menu and reset, then set the settings back. This resulted in the main categories (other than Home) linking to home, and all subcategories bringing up the 404 page.

Everything seems to effect something else so I looked in a different place, the themes. While I was in there (Preferences>Themes), I noticed the default theme had a default left column and default right column which can be enabled or disabled. The reason I mention this is because some of the blocks you are not seeing, like my manufacturers block, could be in the right column which is disabled in the default theme, resulting in them not showing.

I don't know if this will help you or not, but I thought I would share the information. Now I have to try and un-mess my mess-up, as I changed themes and went back to the default, resulting in my entire home page being changed. I was trying to get the categories to show again in the categories block, but resetting the theme did not work. I guess I will have to find out how to change the categories so they are not root. I hope I don't have to delete and recreate the categories.

Edited by SHTP (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

I solved my problem of block layered enabling the left column of my theme.

Just enable left colum... permission 777 folder and 666 files of module layered block, clean the cache and try install the module.. so you can get

its annoying error.. but the çeft column need active to install the module