Question before starting SEO

Flmbx

Hello all,

I am aiming my shop to sell in Spain, France and Belgium... so 3 different languages.

When searching a SEO expert to help me with optimizing the shops, is it better to have a native French speaker SEO and a native Spanish speaker?

Or can a SEO expert easily cover the SEO for different languages?

Depends on your budget. There are agencies that can handle international projects, covering several languages. But they don't come cheap and if you're on a shoestring budget you might very well be better off hiring by what language they know and operate in.

Also, I'd imagine it would be pretty much impossible to build quality backlinks on french sites if you don't speak french fluently. I love the french but they can be extremely arrogant. If you're not a native speaker of french and you've tried to order a cup of coffee or a sandwich at a café in Paris, you know what I'm talking about  ;)

Hire a SEO company to manage the project and then outsource the stuff (like actually building the links) that requires high levels of local language skills/knowledge (or have the SEO company outsource it).

Hello!

What is your website primary content language, To promote your website in 3 countries you need technical hosting and domain. then very important thing is you need to make 3 version of your website in separate languages and very important thing is you need to submit your website in the particular country search engine suppose you want to promote your website in France then submit your website in google.fr

Shop has 3 different domains indeed. Setup in Multistore. Main store is the French one.

Good tip about google.fr... will check that one. But I suppose if ou submit your site via Webmaster Tools, Google is aware enough of t's existance ;)

As someone that does a lot of SEO work, I will turn down jobs that are in a foreign language because I feel that I cannot do an adequate job. I would not use someone who is not a native speaker to do SEO on my site.

One thing you have to consider is that if someone does not speak the language, is that they will end up using google translate or something similar. Also, if you are not familiar with Matt Cutts, he is the head of search spam at Google, you should watch this 

It is his take on using translations. 

• 4 weeks later...

i would like to suggest you to make the website in three languages with a specific language. According to my personal experience google language transform tools are not perfect. You can see it there are too many grammatical errors are there.