[SOLVED] Grey bar below in displaying Category picture

Hi all! I have been configuring my website and I have a question. What's up with that big grey bar under the Category picture? (see picture below) I am working with Prestashop 1.6 and standard bootstrap.

I really would like to change the bar to normal proportions so it would fit the theme.

post-765608-0-97728900-1399550534_thumb.jpg

Edited by rvzoest (see edit history)

I have the category.css in front of me but not sure what to remove. (Sorry, I am not into CSS as I would like ;-))

Styles
************************************************************************************************ */
.content_scene_cat {
  border-top: 5px solid #333333;
  color: #d7d7d7;
  line-height: 19px;
  margin: 0 0 26px 0; }
  .content_scene_cat .content_scene_cat_bg {
    padding: 18px 10px 10px 42px;
    background-color: #464646 !important; }
    @media (max-width: 1199px) {
        padding: 10px 10px 10px 15px; } }
Edited by rvzoest (see edit history)

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I tried erasing the background-color param as you suggest, and it has no effect on my theme (the grey category bar is still there). Could it just be that the main .css settings are getting overriden by another module, so no matter how I change the default theme's .css files it won't have no effect? For the matter, we have made color settings in the Theme Maker module (and publish the theme so it is taking care of the color settings), that can be the problem then which we are facing when trying to modify the colors via the default theme's .css. How to get around that issue, would you have a suggestion?

Thanks.

category.css line 9

remove background-color param from:

background-color: #464646 !important;
}

Actually got rid of the grey color another way, the .css template file modification did not lead to any effect (it is overriden somehow, I bet), however by using color-picking in the Theme Customizer module I got the white background now, and it works just fine.

I did not get rid of the category bar element though, just changed its color, so the space is now not used very efficiently - as I got the huge empty space between the top of the page and the category signs (the space freed when changing the grey bar color to white which is also the shop background in our case). So I'd really prefer to erase the category bar at all - perhaps it can be done by unhooking some element in the positions section in the back-office?

Any suggestion how can I get rid of this useless (for us:-) category bar?

Thanks for your kind help.

Hi,

I tried erasing the background-color param as you suggest, and it has no effect on my theme (the grey category bar is still there). Could it just be that the main .css settings are getting overriden by another module, so no matter how I change the default theme's .css files it won't have no effect? For the matter, we have made color settings in the Theme Maker module (and publish the theme so it is taking care of the color settings), that can be the problem then which we are facing when trying to modify the colors via the default theme's .css. How to get around that issue, would you have a suggestion?

Thanks.

Edited by shv (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Vekia,

I can change the background color, but what I actually needed to do is to also get rid of category pictures on product listing pages. That is of course possible to do via PS preferences, but then subcategory pictures on subcategory listing pages pop up - so the question is, what modification do I need to do to in category.tpl for subcategory pics not being visualised on the listing pages?

Many thanks,

shv

category.css line 9

remove background-color param from:

background-color: #464646 !important;
}