Piwik Module for PrestaShop 1.6?

Just wondering about a Piwik Module for PrestaShop 1.6. A quick search showed some non-free modules, as well as the official free module from sutunam, but they all are only for PrestaShop 1.4 or 1.5. A free module would be preferred.

Any chance the module for PrestaShip 1.5 from sutunam will work in PrestaShop 1.6?

How would a manual implementation look like?

What would you like the module to do? I am tracking my site with piwik without using a module.
If you go to your piwik settings and click on websites you will find the tracking code for your website.

Just copy it to your themes footer.tpl right before the closing </body> tag.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I honestly don't know what the existing Piwik modules for PrestaShop do exactly. Of course it's easy to add that code to footer.tpl, just wondering.

Well, the proper Piwik module will keep track of your sales, your e-commerce goals, your products and loads more. Essentially the same as those evil people at google do.

I took the old module from GitHub and added/replaced the new Piwik analytics style, it works good now at my site. I just can not get the statistics that are build in into the module to show up in the backoffice statistics page of Prestashop.....

• 1 month later...

Too bad that the free piwik module from sutunam (which is also linked to from the Piwik website) has not been updated since about 2 years any more and obviously is not compatible with v1.6.

It really is not only about inserting the code into the footer if you want to do proper conversion tracking.

There are two pay-modules compatible with v1.6 but I don't know if they are implemented properly to do it all:

@deSjaak, so the old v1.5 module is working for you on v1.6.0.9? If only someone with the knowlege could take a look what needs to be fixed or fork the abandoned module from sutunam...

Edited by Master One (see edit history)

Hi there,

Finally after hours of searching I managed to find a PrestaShop 1.6 compatible piwik tracking module, with order and cart tracking.
You can find it here: https://cmjscripter.net/public/2014/01/24/piwik-traking-prestashop/
I just installed it on my development site and it seems to be working pretty well.

I had to disable the "Use proxy script" feature and there was a minor error in the tracking javascript. (On the 5th line I had change from:

{literal}var u= "//{/literal}{$PIWIK_HOST}{literal}" : "//{/literal}{$PIWIK_HOST}{literal}");{/literal}

to

{literal}var u= "//{/literal}{$PIWIK_HOST}{literal}";{/literal}

Otherwise it's working and it's FREE.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

there was a minor error in the tracking javascript. (On the 5th line I had change from:

{literal}var u= "//{/literal}{$PIWIK_HOST}{literal}" : "//{/literal}{$PIWIK_HOST}{literal}");{/literal}

to

Otherwise it's working and it's FREE.

Hi.

Where can I find that code to change?

Thanks.

I have found only /jstracking.tpl in current version of plugin. I've changed code:

to

but it's still not working :(

Regards

Here is my complete file.

<script type="text/javascript">
        {if $PIWIK_USE_PROXY eq true}
            {literal}var u= "{/literal}{$PIWIK_HOST}{literal}";{/literal}
        {else}
        {/if}{literal}
        var _paq = _paq || [];

_paq.push(["setSiteId", {/literal}{$PIWIK_SITEID}{literal}]);{/literal}
        {if $PIWIK_USE_PROXY eq true}
            {literal}_paq.push(["setTrackerUrl",u]);{/literal}
        {else}
            {literal}_paq.push(["setTrackerUrl", u+'piwik.php']);{/literal}
        {/if}
        {literal}
        _paq.push(["setCookieDomain", "{/literal}{$PIWIK_COOKIE_DOMAIN}{literal}"]);
        _paq.push(['setDomains', "{/literal}{$PIWIK_DOMAINS}{literal}"]);
        _paq.push(['setVisitorCookieTimeout', '{/literal}{$PIWIK_COOKIE_TIMEOUT}{literal}']);
        _paq.push(['setSessionCookieTimeout', '{/literal}{$PIWIK_SESSION_TIMEOUT}{literal}']);
        _paq.push(['enableLinkTracking']);
        {/literal}
    {if isset($PIWIK_PRODUCTS) && is_array($PIWIK_PRODUCTS)}
        {foreach from=$PIWIK_PRODUCTS item=piwikproduct}
            {literal}
                    _paq.push(['setEcommerceView', '{/literal}{$piwikproduct.SKU}{literal}', '{/literal}{$piwikproduct.NAME|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}{literal}', {/literal}{$piwikproduct.CATEGORY}{literal}, '{/literal}{$piwikproduct.PRICE|floatval}{literal}']);
            {/literal}
        {/foreach}
    {/if}
    {if isset($piwik_category) && is_array($piwik_category)}{literal}
            _paq.push(['setEcommerceView', false, false, '{/literal}{$piwik_category.NAME|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}{literal}']);{/literal}
    {/if}
    {if $PIWIK_CART eq true}
        {if is_array($PIWIK_CART_PRODUCTS)}
            {foreach from=$PIWIK_CART_PRODUCTS item=_product}
                _paq.push(['addEcommerceItem', '{$_product.SKU}', '{$_product.NAME}', {$_product.CATEGORY}, '{$_product.PRICE}', '{$_product.QUANTITY}']);
            {/foreach}
        {/if}
        {if isset($PIWIK_CART_TOTAL)}
            _paq.push(['trackEcommerceCartUpdate', {$PIWIK_CART_TOTAL|floatval}]);
        {/if}
    {/if}
    {if $PIWIK_ORDER eq true}
        {if is_array($PIWIK_ORDER_PRODUCTS)}
            {foreach from=$PIWIK_ORDER_PRODUCTS item=_product}
                _paq.push(['addEcommerceItem', '{$_product.SKU}', '{$_product.NAME}', {$_product.CATEGORY}, '{$_product.PRICE}', '{$_product.QUANTITY}']);
            {/foreach}
        {/if}
        _paq.push(['trackEcommerceOrder',"{$PIWIK_ORDER_DETAILS.order_id}", '{$PIWIK_ORDER_DETAILS.order_total}', '{$PIWIK_ORDER_DETAILS.order_sub_total}', '{$PIWIK_ORDER_DETAILS.order_tax}', '{$PIWIK_ORDER_DETAILS.order_shipping}', '{$PIWIK_ORDER_DETAILS.order_discount}']);
    {/if}
    {if isset($PIWIK_SITE_SEARCH)}
        {$PIWIK_SITE_SEARCH}
    {else}
        {literal}_paq.push(['trackPageView']);{/literal}
    {/if}
    {literal}
        (function() {var d = document, g = d.createElement("script"), s = d.getElementsByTagName("script")[0];g.type = "text/javascript";g.defer = true;g.async = true;g.src = {/literal}{if $PIWIK_USE_PROXY eq true}{literal}u{/literal}{else}{literal}u+'piwik.js'{/literal}{/if}{literal};s.parentNode.insertBefore(g, s);})();
    {/literal}
</script>
{* let's help get those harvesters and other, comment spammers see http://projecthoneypot.org/ *}
<a href="//cmjscripter.net/independence.php" style="display:none;">Most sold products</a>

Most sold products

• 1 year later...

I missed this thread. We actually have a Piwik module that is free and works with 1.6. You can find it here, https://dh42.com/free-prestashop-modules/prestashop-piwik-statistics/  

It also has a few subtle changes from the others. One being is that you can track people's histories by their name in Piwik. You can also track page views by registered users as well. So you can pull a report of users with accounts that have viewed this product, but not purchased it. So you can more effectively market to them.