Delete default products, clients, and orders

Hi, please make sure to backup your store before you use this module. Ideally, I would say to only ever use this module once. If you clean out the database and products, you might as well do a new installation. If it is a new installation then feel free to use it in order to have a blank canvas to create your store. 

Thanks!

Complete ALL of the following steps.

1. Go to the "Modules > Modules" page.
  2. Find the "Database Cleaner" module and click its "Install" button.
  3. You are directly taken to its configuration page (if not, click its "Configuration" button).
  4. Read and accept the warning, then click the "Delete Catalog" button: it will delete all your products and their attributes, manufacturers, etc.
  5. Read and accept the warning, then click the "Delete Orders & Customers" button: it will delete all your customers and their orders, carts, etc.
  6. Click the "Check & fix" button to refine your database integrity constraints.
  7. Click the "Clean & optimize" button to reorganizes the physical storage of table data and associated index data, to reduce storage space and improve I/O efficiency when accessing the tables.

THERE IS NO WAY BACK. Be sure to only click these buttons if you do intend to wipe your database from its default content.

I have followed this procedure but still have a BO full of information and images all over my FO. I have checked on a different computer and it is the same there, too.

Please help me get rid of this stuff.

You have to be specific. That procedure doesn't remove static images and banners for instance. you have to remove them "manually".

If by "BO full of information" you meant the statistics on your dashboard, it can be removed by turning off demo mode on the bottom right corner of your dashboard.

• 1 month later...

We did end up getting the orders deleted.  While we do some minor things with the database the cleaner is without a doubt more user friendly.  Thanks for the help!  Now I'm off to try to figure out how to set up basic Paypal.