Google Webmaster Verification and Multistore

Flmbx

if you want to insert it inside template file - you have to use different theme for each shop.

you can duplicate templates, and then - change name of duplicated directory. in this way you can use the same theme and diferent meta tags.

you can also use module like html box to insert different meta tags in header section right from back office, without duplicating themes

• Like 1

you can also use module like html box to insert different meta tags in header section right from back office, without duplicating themes

what is the difference with opening the header.tpl file via ftp and paste the different metatags there? Would it also work?

Nemo's SEO-module is multistore compliant. I don't have that module (yet) but it think it allows to put the tags per shop via the backoffice.

one would use the PrestaShop free module for google analytics, it is multishop compliant, so select shop from back office and configure it's api code.  Do this for every shop.

Note: the ganalytics code is inserted in .header.tpl at run time, it is not hard coded so each shop will have it's api credentials included.

one would use the PrestaShop free module for google analytics, it is multishop compliant, so select shop from back office and configure it's api code.  Do this for every shop.

Note: the ganalytics code is inserted in .header.tpl at run time, it is not hard coded so each shop will have it's api credentials included.

sorry I misread this so disregard that post..doh!

it is better to use a file upload and not put the code in the header for site verification.

one verification is good for all multi-stores when in same google webmaster account.

cheers, el

El Patron, I have a multistore based on the principle of parked domains, no subdomains. So each site has the same content but the TLD's are different. 1 Main domain, 2 parked domains so in Multistore 3 ShopGroups  in total.

If I understand well than the following is the way to go:

- Google Site verification based on the main store (only 1 verification code)

- Then generating Google Sitemaps per Store but they all will be generated on the domian of the Main store. This implies you only can apply Google Site Verification on the main store because otherwise you won't be able to submit your sitemaps for the derived stores to Google (domains would be different with individual Site Verification for each derived Store)

and what about the sitemap you submit to GWT with Multistore??

Does the sitemap generator of version 1.5.6 is "intelligent" enough to include also the sitemaps for the derived stores (parked domains)? If I read the posts on this correctly  than Ithink this is the case.

So I simply have to submit my sitemap in the Main Domain Shop in GWT and it will work also for the derived stores??

The issue lies in the fact that I defined each of my shops (Main + deriveds) separately in GWT and I also verified them separately. Issue is that for submitting the sitemaps I should be able to store them for each shops' domain separately.

What is the way to go for multistore sitemaps and GWT actually??

Edited by Flmbx (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

and what about the sitemap you submit to GWT with Multistore??

Does the sitemap generator of version 1.5.6 is "intelligent" enough to include also the sitemaps for the derived stores (parked domains)? If I read the posts on this correctly  than Ithink this is the case.

So I simply have to submit my sitemap in the Main Domain Shop in GWT and it will work also for the derived stores??

The issue lies in the fact that I defined each of my shops (Main + deriveds) separately in GWT and I also verified them separately. Issue is that for submitting the sitemaps I should be able to store them for each shops' domain separately.

What is the way to go for multistore sitemaps and GWT actually??

Hi Flmbx.

Did you manage to find a solution? After a month of work preparing my multishop I m stack at submitting sitemaps at google webmasters tools. How did you deal with both website verification and sitemaps?

Plz share if you resolved these problems..

(I have one shop group and 3 shops - the one is the main shop (.com) and the other are local tld's)

Edited by mono1 (see edit history)

For verification of Google Webmaster account for your website, you should verify it by pasting the HTML Tag (code) into the head section of your website offered by Google Webmaster by clicking "VErify through HTML" option.

This is true for the main shop. However the other shop with local tld's are just parked domains and have no filesystem where you can edit header of any html.

Thanks for your reply.