Add to cart animation in 1.6

• 2 weeks later...

The add to cart animation was a great feature, as it provided a visual of the product being added to the cart, and it also showed the user where the cart button was, when they added their first product.  We just went from an in house shopping cart system, and we choose Prestashop.  We decided to go with 1.6 because, I figured we start with the latest and greatest. 

I can see on small screens, the animation may get lost, so it would be nice to offer the inline frame on devices with a smaller real estate.  I didn't expect the developers to kill and existing feature in 1.6

I image somebody will develop an add-on, that will bring back the animation, however I suspect that the add-on will need to change the core files.

The better solution, is to get the developers, to add this feature back, as an option, and maybe allow the option to be enabled by device type (smartphone, tablet, desktop).

How does one canvass the developers to but a feature back into prestashop?

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Edit => Ajax-cart.js => Animation effect on 1.6 version 

Location : theme / default-bootstrap / js / modules / blockcart / Ajax-cart.js (copy this txt file)

wow, is the cart animation added? Thanks! :)

Is it safe to use?

• 3 weeks later...

yes......................it's safe.................even it work on zqzoom to...............  !! 

Hey,

I did exactly as you have written, but it did not work for me? :( 

- Also i checked to make sure that the AJAX-cart module was activated and de-activated.. Both times it did not work?

Drage

Location : theme / default-bootstrap / js / modules / blockcart / Ajax-cart.js (copy this txt file)

Great solution! But it`works only on product page. In category or home - it doesn`t show the animation.

Tested on default-bootstrap theme. Prestashop 1.6.0.8

I think there some problem with getting image to animate.

var pr_id='.pr_'+idProduct;

if(addedFromProductPage){

if (!$element.length) $element = $('#bigpic,.zoomPad img:first');

}

else{$element = $(pr_id);}

Something wrong with element detect when not addedFromProductPage

Dear Kapil Gautam I am using your modified ajax-cart.js at the moment and I noticed a small bug.

When a customer tries to add to the cart a product in an amount that is more then what it is available it still does the animation and it shouldn't as its misleading.

Example: you have only 10 units of the product "Potato" and the customer tries to add 11, (sets the Quantity to 11 and then Clicks on "add to cart"). The product is not added to the cart, which is correct since its not available on that Quantity, but it still does the animation (and in my view it should't do it since its misleading).

Other then that, really nice work. Thank you for that very helpful removal of the nagging "popup".

Edited by funny-cat_webshop (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I tried this fix on a fresh install of 1.6.0.8, but it did not work. Actually it destroyed more than it fixed, since my add to cart buttons now only works on product pages and without animation or popup. A click on the add to cart button on the front or category-page means nothing happening, at least with ajax-cart turned on. My console is giving me these errors, but i am not sure what's wrong:

1. Uncaught ReferenceError: baseUri is not defined ajax-cart.js:307
    1. ajaxCart.addajax-cart.js:307
    2. (anonymous function)ajax-cart.js:133
    3. n.event.dispatchjquery-1.11.0.min.js:3
    4. r.handle

Not sure about your error messages, but one needs to set $element to whatever the picture element is that needs to be animated on the page.

That is different for different types of pages. I don't have products on the front page, so probably, you have specific blocks for promotions etc. that come with their own image elements. One would have to take into account of all their template .tpl files (or use like F12 in a browser) and see how the image elements are named or situated.

I will eventually have to fix all that in our own template, but I won't get there before some time, and I don't use the blocks that you have on your front page....

In the meantime, you could also try to convince Prestashop to bring the animation to the cart back, the pop-up is nagging, indeed.

Edited by wildrow (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@kamaaina, your ajax-cart.js is loaded from  [EDITED]

check in your browser if it contains your changes. If not, it is either some sort of cache problem or the changes never went to the server (check in FTP, e.g. FTP user has no write access to files owned by apache webserver...)

• 1 month later...

It works great. But I have 1 question / suggestion:

After the product "fly" to the cart, is it possible to let the blockcart stay expanded (like the big e-commerce stores like Zalando).

So when I hover on the blockcart in the header, it expands.

But is it possible to let it expand, after the product flies to the cart?

Edited by Stefand (see edit history)

many thanks.

it happens a curious thing..it works on localhost when i first tried it but if i upload the file via ftp to the server version it doesn't work.. just the regular add to cart without animation (i already disabled the pop up window)

edit: i needed to activate ajax cart. thanks again;)

Edited by rudy5 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hi guys.

I managed to get it to work with default theme.

Now I work with Optima Multipurpose Responsive theme and it doesn't work anymore. It uses ajax cart, but it is modified.

Can somebody post exactly, what are the changes in Kapil's ajax-cart.js compared to the original one? Maybe I can modify optimas ajax-cart.js then.

Any advice most welcomed.

Thanks and best regards

Edited by Lionheartmatrix (see edit history)