Install errors on Ubuntu 14.04

Does anyone know why Prestashop 1.5.6.2 and 1.6.0.6 will not install on Ubuntu 14.04?

The first time I tried, it told me the permissions werent recursive and that mcrypt was not installed.  The file permissions was easy to fix.  The mcrypt was already installed but I found an article about running a command to enable it:

sudo php5enmod mcrypt

After I did that I created the phpinfo() page and then saw mcrypt loaded and running.

However, now when I tried to install 1.5.6.2 and 1.6.0.6, both either stopped at Configuring Shop or Installation of Demo Data.

How do we get around this?

• Like 1

Now here is something strange, in the /install folder there is a "init.php" with the following code:

// Generate common constants
define('PS_INSTALLATION_IN_PROGRESS', true);
define('_PS_INSTALL_PATH_', dirname(__FILE__).'/');
define('_PS_INSTALL_DATA_PATH_', _PS_INSTALL_PATH_.'data/');
define('_PS_INSTALL_CONTROLLERS_PATH_', _PS_INSTALL_PATH_.'controllers/');
define('_PS_INSTALL_MODELS_PATH_', _PS_INSTALL_PATH_.'models/');
define('_PS_INSTALL_LANGS_PATH_', _PS_INSTALL_PATH_.'langs/');
define('_PS_INSTALL_FIXTURES_PATH_', _PS_INSTALL_PATH_.'fixtures/');

If I comment out the last line for the FIXTURES, the installation goes all the way through and completes.  When I open the store page the first time I just dont see any "Featured" products.  Im sure if the Fixtures scripts ran, it would install all the sample featured products.

Is there any harm in commenting this line out?  If I have clients that decide to want to install a prestashop on my server, am I going to have to inform them that they have to comment out this line before running the install?

Or is there a way to fix this on a Ubuntu 14.04 server with PHP Version 5.5.9-1ubuntu4?

Nope, I haven't figured it out yet.  Waiting for these Prestashop experts out here to respond.  Everything on the server is correct as I can install other ecommerce packages on here, just not Prestashop.  I have not tried older versions yet but I really don't want to, as all it will say is there is a newer version and have to upgrade.

So hopefully someone responds soon.

Thx

• 2 weeks later...

Is any of the database being created? Look at the database and see how many tables are being created. It might be the timeout on your mysql, Prestashop dumps a lot of information into the database and it will timeout on a few different default php or mysql installs. 

This sounds similar to the problem I experienced too, but on Centos.  I posted about it here:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/330616-install-demonstration-data/

Did your install fail with this in the error_log:

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'PrestaShopException' with message 'Property Order->id_address_delivery is empty' in /home/bmg/public_html/classes/ObjectModel.php:837

Hi,

The prestashop distribution, I use, is the 1.5.6.2

I finally solved my problem : when I saw that my ubuntu version was the 32bit instead of 64bits.

I reinstalled my 14.04 ubuntu version in 64bits and with the same options (apache, php,...) all installation worked fine (included shop configuration and demo data).

If it can accommodate someone...

Have fun

Ivan

I have the same problem during installation of data on local installation with Ubuntu 14.04 fresh install.

Have you solved it ?

Thanks