Moving shop domain (and shop) from root of server to subdirectory on server.

I set up a shop for someone some time ago, PS 1.4.9,  and I'm going to start to upgrade to 1.6 over the next month or so.

The shop is on the root of the server and it's working fine, however there has been 3-4 other domains purchased since I did the work, each pointing to a subdirectory on the server.

Now obviously this is not a good thing as these subdirectories are accessible though the shop domain!  I need to put the shop into its own folder on the server and point it's domain to this folder (if that makes sense).

I know how to do this but it's been a while since I worked with PS so would this cause any problems, as long as I point the shop domain to the new subfolder?

Everything is working as it should at the moment and I don't want to go moving things about without getting some advice first.

Thanks.

Edited by KeithT (see edit history)

I know how to do this but it's been a while since I worked with PS so would this cause any problems, as long as I point the shop domain to the new subfolder?

Everything is working as it should at the moment and I don't want to go moving things about without getting some advice first.

Thanks.

you can move your shop easily to new directory (just copy whole filesystem to new location)

if you will point your domain to this new directory - everything will work as before without touching shop settings.

• Like 1