Installed PrestaShop, followed steps in guide, still showing default fashion products

Hi guys!

Have just dipped my toe into the world of e-commerce with the installation of PrestaShop on my site.

Having no experience in this sort of software, I used this guide to help me get started:

http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/First+steps+with+PrestaShop+1.6

I followed all the steps, deleted the default products and orders that were pre-installed, as per instructions. There is no trace of them on the admin panel.

I then put in a test item/product and a few categories as well as general shop info and an edited front page.

None of this seemed to work though, as the site still looks exactly like the default installed one (the one with all the dresses etc) - the only change I can see is the name of the shop.

Does anyone have a solution/know where I've gone wrong?

Thanks!!

Hi Benjamin,

thanks for your answer.

I did run that module during the initial setup.

I ran it again now, cleared the database using the module, cleared cache and cookies, tried with 2 browsers, but still no joy.

I put in one item in the catalogue as a test item but didn't edit the front page this time.

Should this still work? (The first time round, I did everything, replacing logos, pictures etc, but even that didn't work.)

There are no items in the orders or catalog page and I've now turned off the demo mode in the dashboard, but no joy.

I did do a manual install and then re-installed through cpanel. Do you think the problem may be due to that? I can do a full delete and reinstall if that helps.