Virtual products - images

Im trying to sell my photos via Prestashop 1.5.6.2 . Ive uploaded as a virtual product about 80 images so far and when I was just double checking Ive found out that most of the -Virtual Product - is missing. Just not there and offers me to upload the image again?! :-(  There is no expire time set on , I left it blank as it says.

All details, like descritption, small image (used for preview) or even attachment ( which is image but with lower res . ) is there, just main Virtual product is missing. Anybody any idea why? 

Thanks

I did it one by one. Just pressed Virtual product button and then add file -Yes. Then uploaded for each product one jpg image as downloadable file.

Then in that product - in Image section I just uploaded a small res. preview of this original image and in Attachment section added mid. size resolution preview . Those 2 images ( low and mid res. ) and description details , like features etc, its all there, but  big res. JPGs for download has disappeared...most of them. Like from 80 pics have probably only 10 OK. Im uploading it now again, but hoping this is not a some bug which going to delete them after while again.

I also cant see if the file is there from Product table which is kinda inconvenient, coz to check it out, I always have to open each product one by one and go to Virtual section to check it out.  So its very time consuming. I guess that could be improved in newer version.

Because during ordering ( processing payment etc) it lets customer proceed as normal, but then they don't receive a link  ( that JPG image ) for download, only confirmation of order. So I won't even know about that  until I get some complains from customers  that they dont get what they paid for :-(( So Im bit afraid to open the site now.

Im trying to sell my photos via Prestashop 1.5.6.2 . Ive uploaded as a virtual product about 80 images so far and when I was just double checking Ive found out that most of the -Virtual Product - is missing. Just not there and offers me to upload the image again?! :-(  There is no expire time set on , I left it blank as it says.

All details, like descritption, small image (used for preview) or even attachment ( which is image but with lower res . ) is there, just main Virtual product is missing. Anybody any idea why? 

Thanks

I was uploading 2nd time and problem is still there. After few days my files are gone!!!

How did you configure the product? You added images one by one, one for each product, or all of them to the same product?

Ive tried type image name manually into the Filename box in virtual Product section and found out and save. I got answer :

This file "my_imagename.jpg" is missing. :

/data/www/mywebsite.eu/www.mywebsite.eu/download//18f844b1b79b2006d20587ca8b455b43d370a44d

That virtual token number does not correspond with file which is saved on actual server in "download"folder. 

Basically that "token" or what ever calls that long code number , is changed in BO  (  or in MySQL database ? ) for some reason after while. Thats why it cant find the file. 

What causing the random re-numbering ( re-naming ) of that virtual token?

How can I avoid that?

• 1 year later...

I had a similar problem. I just couldn't upload any file.

When I did, it said that the upload was succesful, but still went back to saying there was no file associated.

The product itself was not enabled yet. 

What I did was enable the product and then it worked. It uploaded. I disabled it after again, so there's a tiny slot where people might see the product when I don't want them to yet. But I'll take that.