Link to database cannot be established.

Hi!

I had the same problem earlier. Link to database cannot be established: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'xxx_xxx'@'localhost' (using password: YES) I moved PS 1.6.0.6. from subfolder to root to test it and it showed me a blank page. After that I tried to move it back but I couldn`t log in BO. I had `The Employee does not exist, or the password provided is incorrect.` error. So I logged in CP and I copied the `presta/config/settings.old.php` into `/config/settings.inc.php` and i solved the problem.

But still, when I move PS from subfolder to root the page is blank. Page not found. So what can be the problem?

Thanks.

Edited by Tanush (see edit history)

I changed define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true); and tried to move again from subfolder to root and I have the following error: Not Found

The requested URL /ro/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

(i have the same problem if I type URL/en/ also)

I changed define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true); and tried to move again from subfolder to root and I have the following error: Not Found

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

(i have the same problem if I type URL/en/ also)

in back office, seo & url's, set the base uri to /

When i move from prestashop to root i set the url to / . but when i open the site i have:

Not Found

(i have the same problem if I type URL/en/ also). 

So where is the problem? i changed alse the define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true); and still not finding the problem.

When i move from prestashop to root i set the url to / . but when i open the site i have:

Not Found

(i have the same problem if I type URL/en/ also). 

So where is the problem? i changed alse the define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true); and still not finding the problem.

from back office, turn off friendly urls-->save, turn back on friendly url's-->save

When i try to turn off friendly URL my i am losing the BO page :dosen`t find my URL. I have to go back to see the changes. When I turn it on is the same 404 error. So i have the same problem with my webpage and BO.

After turning friendly url `off`, changing the website from sub-folder to root using `/` and changing the friendly url to `on` after moving  the site seems that mozilla opens the it correctly, explorer is loading it without homepage slider pictures and Chrome sees the site in english but the default language is romanian.

But still cannot login in BO.

This can only mean when you copied the files originally, this file did not make it.  Glad you resolved it.

The only thing I resolved is to log in BO when I have prestashop in my subfolder. But when I move it to root I see 404 Not Found error and I cannot access BO. So I changed again config/settings,inc.php, turn off friendly url, and move prestashop in /root.

1). When I turn on friendly url I have the following error: Before being able to use this tool, you need to:

- Create a blank .htaccess in your root directory.

- Give it write permissions (CHMOD 666 on Unix system).

So… creating a blank .htaccess file in my root is easy. But how I give it write permissions? And it will overrite the old .htaccess file, right? But now  I don`t have in .htaccess In root. 

2). And: Warning on line 1927 in file /home/xxx/public_html/classes/Tools.php

[2] fopen(/home/arcadia/public_html/.htaccess): failed to open stream: Permission denied

3). My default language is ro but after I changed config/settings.inc is loading en page.

4). From BO when I get into my shop I have : [Debug] This page has moved

Please use the following URL instead:

http: //xxx.ro / index.php?live_configurator_token =e879595d9f06930dcd8e31665627254b&id_employee=1&id_shop=1

Please help, my site is online and i don`t what move it again to avoid errors. I just want to fix it as it is.

The only thing I resolved is to log in BO when I have prestashop in my subfolder. But when I move it to root I see 404 Not Found error and I cannot access BO. So I changed again config/settings,inc.php, turn off friendly url, and move prestashop in /root.

1). When I turn on friendly url I have the following error: Before being able to use this tool, you need to:

- Create a blank .htaccess in your root directory.

- Give it write permissions (CHMOD 666 on Unix system).

So… creating a blank .htaccess file in my root is easy. But how I give it write permissions? And it will overrite the old .htaccess file, right? But now  I don`t have in .htaccess In root. 

2). And: Warning on line 1927 in file /home/xxx/public_html/classes/Tools.php

[2] fopen(/home/arcadia/public_html/.htaccess): failed to open stream: Permission denied

3). My default language is ro but after I changed config/settings.inc is loading en page.

4). From BO when I get into my shop I have : [Debug] This page has moved

Please use the following URL instead:

http: //xxx.ro / index.php?live_configurator_token =e879595d9f06930dcd8e31665627254b&id_employee=1&id_shop=1

Please help, my site is online and i don`t what move it again to avoid errors. I just want to fix it as it is.

either from your hosting control panel or preferably using an FTP program set .htaccess to 666.